Ebay withholding seller's payments received up to 21 days for small volume sellers

I have been with eBay for years and have had nothing but positive reviews with the sales I have made. Despite being classed as an Above Standard Seller I now have found out that eBay can withhold my funds for up to 21 days just because I have not yet made 25 sales. And as I understand it, I need to sell 25 items a year to receive my money immediately. I find this quite unfair as I have never had a problem in my previous transactions and I certainly was not aware of this beforehand. I am linked with PayPal so surely if there is a issue with an item I may sell, cannot ebay just bill me back onto my payPal account rather than withhold payment for a future potential problem that has never yet occurred? I have now just read ways to receive your own funds faster but I still don't understand why eBay is able to keep seller's payment from them if they have not had any problems previously? Surely when a buyer purchases something from a seller, the seller is entitled to that money straight away? Can the same thing happen if choosing to recieve payments into another account that is not PayPal?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay withholding seller's payments received up to 21 days for small volume sellers

1 REPLY 1

You might want to jump into the long-existing thread on this matter: 

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply