Empty box dispute

Any advice ? I received my first empty box dispute. Sent 3 pairs of shoes and the buyer claims they received 2 pairs and 1 empty box. Certianly was not sent that way. I do have a postage receipt that confirms a 1 to 2kg package. 2 of these items and an empty box would be less than 1kg. Also this dispute was started 17 days after the package was delivered. But ebay say they have 30 days. That seems odd in the case of a missing item empty box case

I have reported to ebay but they say they have to speak to both parties. Meantime they have also left feedback saying they received an empty box which annoys me further

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Empty box dispute

Spoiler
ignore this post of mine, posted a blank post accidentally then edited to this
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

Send them a message telling them that there were definitely three pairs whe you posted them so you will be instigating an enquiry wiith Aus Post as it is evident from the weight of the parcel that three pairs were there on lodgement.  If AP have evidence the parcel was delivered wiithout damage or signs of being opened you will have n choice but to involve the police.  With any luck that will scare them if they are scamming or will reassure them that you are doinng all you can.

It seems a bit strange that they are only claiming for one pair, why not go for broke and say that two were missing or even all three. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

Thanks ! Good idea.

Why on earth would there not be an onus on the buyer to lodge a dispute of missing items within a much shorter time frame ?? Surely if the item was really missing from the box you would not wait 2 weeks to say something.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

Welcome to the world of buyers exploiting the system.

Reality is that EBay is hell bent on protecting buyers.  Their systems automatically assume that the buyer is wrong and reward the buyer accordingly.

Good luck, but as long as Ebay counts the buyer complaints as 100% gospel you are shafted

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

And they have frozen the money for all 3 pairs even though the buyer is only disputing one....

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

Correction for dolls - Their systems automatically assume that the seller is wrong and rewards the buyer accordingly.

image host
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

And if the buyer wins the dispute you will lose the money for all the items because it was paid as one transaction and sent as one parcel.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

Good point lyndal.

I would probably be ringing Paypal and get them to put the info on record in advance.

image host
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Empty box dispute

@lyndal1838 wrote:

And if the buyer wins the dispute you will lose the money for all the items because it was paid as one transaction and sent as one parcel.

A PayPal dispute is (generally) all or nothing, but eBay requests are (usually) on individual items, even when only one payment is made.

I had a buyer claim INR on one item, I refunded via the request, that request closed. A week later they opened an INR on a second item from the same order, again refunded (this was when I realised that the request and subsequent refund was only on one item in the order). That still left one item from the order, so I went in and refunded the last remaining amount from PayPal (no defects on the first two items, got a defect on the last one though >_> ) A similar thing occurred more recently for an INAD in one of two items in an order (they buyer didn't open any further requests, and refunding to close the request meant the item price plus X% of postage costs. eg if postage was charged, the P&H is always divided by the number of items in the order, and then that amount is added to the purchase price if / when the refund is issued). 

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply