Enhanced Uploader not offered to me

I have 2 ebay stores. Store 1 let me use the Enhanced Uploader, Store 2 only gives me the Basic and Standard Uploader.

I use Google Chrome and I know the specs say IE6+ is recommended, but no matter whether I use Chrome, IE, or Firefox I get the same results Store 1 uses the Enhanced Uploader and Store 2 always uses the Basic/Standard Uploader.

I have 3 computers 2x Win7 1x Win10. I get the same result on all 3 computers. I have cleared my cache.

I do not use anti-virus software only Windows Firewall.

All my thoughts say there must be an account setting to turn on the Enhanced Uploader, but as far as I can tell from hours of searching it is automatically offered.

I have spoke to ebay support, they only offer basic support (clear cache, use IE6+).

Anyone got any thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah agreed.

Corporates do follow a stategy of splitting up upgrades into different clusters of customers to prevent global catastophe if something goes wrong, it's got it's advantages for them but as a customer it is not so great coz when something isn't right you are only part of a smaller minority.

For anyone reading later down the track. I have not solved this issue. It appears the the problem is internal to my account which only ebay have access too.

I am not even going to bother trying drag it with customer support. Coz this is what they will say, clear your cookies (i did), use internet explorer (i am), it must be your settings (my other account works fine using same browser) ..scratches head.. I am writing this in a report and putting it through to a support team (that will never reply to you.ever..ever..ever) thanks for using ebay, don't forget to fill out the survey on how great i did.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I wasn't actually sure what Enhanced Uploader was (I've only ever been able to toggle between basic and standard, with the random appearance of the URL upload option).

I found a couple of posts that referred to it - one is an announcement by eBay that the Enhanced Upoloader is being retired, dated October 2010 ( http://announcements.ebay.com/2010/10/new-features-added-to-standard-picture-uploader-enhanced-uploa... ), and a forum thread from 2006 which - due to the above and also the fact that it appears to be a store-specific issue rather than a PC / software issue - I'm not too sure is even relevant o_O (because it talks about requiring ActiveX - https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-eBay-Picture-Hosting/Installing-the-eBay-Enhanced-Picture-Serv... ). 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

That's interesting that customer support tell you to use IE6 when eBay doesn't support IE6. They only support the latest version (8 I think) and even then, it's pretty dodgy. EBay is very unstable on any version of IE. So much so, most experienced members on here (who know more than customer support believe it or not!), strongly recommend that you don't use it. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Cheers for reply digital*post.

There apparently was an old Enhanced Uploader (v1) which was scrapped and the one that is out in circulation now is v2. I think the old was was Flashplayer and the new one is HTML5.

I seen abit around about ActiveX which is what support team mentioned, I am not sure though if this just carry over from v1 enhanced uploader, because using the same browser session in chrome I can sign in and out of each of my stores. One store has it and it works perfectly fine the other store doesn't have it on the Basic and Standard version. It doesn't matter if I use IE11, Firefox (latest) or Chrome (latest) both stores operate in the same way

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

The girl was reading off something. She wanted me to visit a troubleshooting link for the enhanced uploader which redirected me back to and image uploading guide.

I think most of the literature refers back to the old enhanced uploader.

Just looking at my signup dates on the 2 stores, I can see the store that has the older uploaders was registered when I was in the UK in and then moved to Australia ebay. Whereas the newer store was setup here. Maybe this is where the issue is hiding. It really doesn't seem browser or computer affected.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It's weird how 2 different accounts can do different things. Both my accounts have differences. The older one has the postage section is as it's always been where you can insert the postage cost, handling time etc into the appropriate boxes, but my new account (1 year old this month), the postage section is completely different. If I want to adjust the postage or handling time, I have to click the edit link and then it applies what I put in to all my listings. I don't particularly want all my listings to show the same postage and can't see how to stop it applying changes to all my listings. Most of my items are low enough in weight to go small parcel rate, but a couple of them are over 500g so need calculated postage. Very annoying!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yeah agreed.

Corporates do follow a stategy of splitting up upgrades into different clusters of customers to prevent global catastophe if something goes wrong, it's got it's advantages for them but as a customer it is not so great coz when something isn't right you are only part of a smaller minority.

For anyone reading later down the track. I have not solved this issue. It appears the the problem is internal to my account which only ebay have access too.

I am not even going to bother trying drag it with customer support. Coz this is what they will say, clear your cookies (i did), use internet explorer (i am), it must be your settings (my other account works fine using same browser) ..scratches head.. I am writing this in a report and putting it through to a support team (that will never reply to you.ever..ever..ever) thanks for using ebay, don't forget to fill out the survey on how great i did.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@hyperkart_aus wrote:

Yeah agreed.

I doubt eBay would have even HEARD of that strategy, much less have implemented it.

One out, all out seems to be their motto.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply