Error code: 70020 PAY PAL ?????

raffta1
Community Member

I am trying to make a purchase and I am getting this error and it will not let me procced and make a payement. I do have a dispute going on for a missing item (buyer didnt email me first,  just hit the button and opened a dispute grrrr) would that have anything to do with pay pal not allowing me to usemy account to pusrchase something?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

shouldnot be a problem, had 1 last week still able to purchase, but if your account is overdrawn as any money up to the amount of the transaction will be frozen, and if you have insufficient funds money will be taken from bank account.

try again in a little while and may be loginto paypal to check your account and notify this is happening as it maybe ebay / Australia post issues/ paypal issues

Anthony

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you. I have more that enough money in my bank account, so I have arranged a manual withdrawel to cover the purchase and the dispute money. So will see what happens. Hope the seller doesnt get upset with me.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@raffta1 wrote:

Thank you. I have more that enough money in my bank account, so I have arranged a manual withdrawel to cover the purchase and the dispute money. So will see what happens. Hope the seller doesnt get upset with me.

Send them a message and let them know what's going on. Did you try doing a search in PayPal for that error code?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I have sent a message to the seller.

And yes I did a google search on the code,no one knows what it is lol
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Does your paypal account have a negative balance due to payment for item in dispute being held by Paypal?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Yes is does

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

The bit of looking around I did would indicate that's what the issue is. Can you pay as a guest with your credit card? Or even straight from PayPal?

Edited to add: straight from PayPal so it comes out of your bank account.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I just did an add funds from my account, just gotta wait now until it hits paypal :(. I didnt know about the neg balance until after I purchased the item.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I hope it all works out for you. I'm not sure how long it takes for the money to transfer, but from a few recent posts, it seems like quite a few days. Hopefully it's not held up with the public holidays this weekend.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply