FINALLY - I Think I Get The Message.

eBay do not want Sellers.

They only want Buyers.

:womanwink:

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Probably a rather simplistic view of what is happening. More likely they aren't interested in supporting low volume sellers. It is blatantly obvious that if there is no one selling then what are people to buy. I know the average buyer can appear a total moron but even for them it's hard to buy nothing
Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
Probably a rather simplistic view of what is happening. More likely they aren't interested in supporting low volume sellers. It is blatantly obvious that if there is no one selling then what are people to buy. I know the average buyer can appear a total moron but even for them it's hard to buy nothing

Where have you been since May.

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

At home. None of what eBay has done has any affect on me so far. I may not sell when the 180 day return thing kicks in but so far nothing they have done has affected my selling. I only sell about two items a month on average and I don't pay to list if I sell nothing it costs me nothing. Much better than before eBay and I advertised in the trading post and paid for every add. I have had trouble buying lately due to the location issue
Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

helen, I think you hit the nail right on the head. Bingo !!!! 🙂 

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

They do want sellers but they don't like them at all & want to tell them how to run their business.

The thing that baffles & annoys me & probably many sellers is that the bulit an empire on a garage sale bargain site that everyone loved & now with some mescaline inspired delusion want to change it to a new upmarket bazaar.It has become a very hostile place to sell & probably buy also.Sellers are also buyers & those who have been shunned will not buy & it is making eBay a worldwide joke.

eBay is & has made a ridiculous tax-free fortune from the sales & market that it has now.If it wants all new & big market sellers why can it not split into a new section or categaory to reap the most from both markets? They can or could have but why didn't they? I thin they have pushed the envelope too far this time & don't see how they could go back even if they wanted to.

eBays treatment of seller/buyers will probably bite them in the a.. & those annoyed at being defected out of business or shunned will be happy to see it fail.

Off with it's head...

Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

Yeah what the hell is this new Guaranteed Money Back Program that starts after 1st November?

I do not offer returns on my items as my items are always as described.

I have had no problems on my selling account with over 100 positive feedback and all 5 stars except postage charges which is 4.9, why then should I be forced to offer money back guarantee?  Does the buyer have to return it via registered post?

That's just carte blanche for buyers to start making claims galore.  I send regular post also, I will have to start sending registered for sure, even though I photograph my items and sometimes even film them being packed if the buyer has a low feedback score, I've never had one bad buyer.

Well, I had one claim that he hadn't received a package, then when I told him I have photo's of the item and had spoken to the Australia Post distribution centre, it miraculously showed up the next day!

Wish I could find more information on this but I think the first poster is right!

Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

Also the fact that their precious big box retail sellers are failing so dismally & getting away with defects the like of which the typical TRS would be suspended for is a point eBay are also missing.But the rest of are very aware of their many items not in stock & many neg feedbacks.Yet eBay still continue to chase & protect these truly defective sellers & that is an insult in itself.

eBay wants more plastic Chinese goods,the many 1000's of assorted  $1 phone covers& defective retail shops like the underperforming Dick Smith etc then that's what they will be left with & giving refunds for.But eBay does live on fees & no actual goods so no biggie i guess.

Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

I am not looking forward to 1st November. The Guarantee money back program I think it's just another way that bad buyers can get money from sellers without even returning the item. If only Ebay could be a fair playing field. It's so one-sided for buyers at the moment.

What can we do to protect ourselves from this?

Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

I am not looking forward to 1st November. The Guarantee money back program I think it's just another way that bad buyers can get money from sellers without even returning the item. If only Ebay could be a fair playing field. It's so one-sided for buyers at the moment.

What can we do to protect ourselves from this?

It stands to reason - NOT THAT EBAY HAVE ANY OF THAT - a buyer putting a claim forward for an item not as described should be responsible for the description, photos & all pertinent eveidence the item received is not the item purchased.

As it says in the 'new garbage' if a red T-shirt was purchased and a green T-shirt sent the buyer should be able to produce evidence such as a photo of the green said T with the very same logo or whatever - if they could that is.

With the item sent what possible evidence can a seller produce to say a red one was sent - even photographing a red one packed does not mean it went to that buyer.

Like to get this one tested legally (& think I will) how eBay can decide a buyer not 'fraudulent' & a seller at fault when the onus is totally on the seller - TO PROVE WHAT EXACTLY.

From where I stand I think they (eBay) are going to have a few Australian legal problems with this whole scenario.

The whole problem with the legality of 'things' IS most find the law too expensive to pursue.

I don't - it is like everything else - do your homework before - and I mean homework - not much left to do to charge for.

First Hand.

Message 10 of 51
Latest reply