Feedback question?

Can anyone tell me why this scenario would occur?

On my main selling ID my feedback score went down by 1 point overnight.  No new feedback at all and certainly no new negs.  I understand that percentages are based on feedback received over a 12mth period so that can go up and down as ratings drop off after 12 mths, but the overall feedback score is lifetime, is it not?  No big deal, just curious as to why.  I saw the change, and went straight in to see if there was a neg I would need to deal with, but nothing.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Feedback question?

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

No, not from being Naru'd.

Is it possible you got a neg then the buyer contacted eBay and asked to remove it because they left it for the wrong person?

Then maybe the score didn't return for some reason.

Have things changed? It used to be the rule that if a member was NARUd within a certain timescale, 90 days I think, then their feedback was removed.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

@pennyforum14 wrote:

Maybe that is it them, pj.  If the buyer was naru'd and the feedback removed, is the total normally adjusted too?

Yes - eBay will remove all of the FB the buyer left, and the score will drop a point if it was a positive that was removed (I've had it happen a few times on my selling account. The transactions themselves were issue-free, though). 

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Feedback question?

Perhaps a buyer gave you a low star (you have to go searching for these in your seller dashboard under 'transaction defect report' I believe)

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

Thanks Cathy, I did think to check that, no new low star ratings either, and stars don't affect the actual feedback score, just the percentage.  There has to be a reason.... if someone is NARU'd, does the feedback they left get removed?  And does that come off the sellers' score?  That is the only thing I can think of to explain it.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

Is it possible you got a neg then the buyer contacted eBay and asked to remove it because they left it for the wrong person?

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

It would have had to be a quick reversal, I refresh my page at least once every 15 minutes and it changed from one refresh to the next.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

Good morning.

I received a negative feedback - only noticed it because my feedback score was minus one - ie went down 1.

Thought it strange - it was the first time I noticed a neg took the score down not up.

The feedback count I thought went up even if there were negs & neuts as it is the number of feedbacks left or given.

The neg was removed by eBay - the buyer was a ditz.

My score went back to the original.

Not at all sure what is going on here.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Have things changed? It used to be the rule that if a member was NARUd within a certain timescale, 90 days I think, then their feedback was removed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

It's another 'feature' courtesy of eBay and it's not even Friday.

My feedback score has been changing by 1 and sometimes 2 for the last few days.

At one stage it was sitting on 0 for several hours.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

Maybe that is it them, pj.  If the buyer was naru'd and the feedback removed, is the total normally adjusted too?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Feedback question?

saarzi
Community Member

Ive noticed with most of my defects, that my feedback score will change, but the defect / feedback etc doesnt show up anywhere until one or two days later. I thought that was normal!

Its possible it might be there tomorrow.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply