Feedback?!?!

lolobgo
Community Member

*BIG SIGH*  

On my other account, I just had a buyer request for feedback..... 

i used to  leave feedback after i have posted the  item, but was tainted by a bad buyer.... 

now i wait till the buyer leaves fb, other wise i just don't. (cos lots of buyers don't even bother with it...)

problem is.... 

i had 5/5 stars on EVERYTHING, 

sold the item on the 7th of december (7:30pm) buyer paid, i posted it on the 8th (about 12) they recieved it on the 9th.... 

and i checked my ratings and now i have 4.9 on postage time.... so THEY marked me down.... 

now all i want to do is  give feedback of "POSTED,  RECIEVED THE NEXT AND YOU DON'T THINK THAT'S FAST ENOUGH?"

I'm freaking annoyed that buyers even request feedback, now that we can find out who defected us, but to "improve" we aren't even allowed to ask why? 

What do you guys and gals think? (apart from if i'm only selling 2 items a month why bother?) Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Feedback?!?!

Why not ? If they requested feeback, give it to them 🙂

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

LMAO!

my BlockedBuyer list just went up.

Do you reckon they could get it removed? 

Sometimes i just don't understand what buyers want or how we are supposed to please them!!!!!

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

It's nothing more than a "Mood Meter" . Really, IMO they really just don't understand how it works or the consequenses 😞

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

I just tell them I have my feedback set on auto, so as soon as they give positive feedback they will receive feedback in return
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

I have my feedback set to auto because I couldn't be bothered doing it manually (leaving feedback that is). If I was just selling a few things a month I would wait until the customer confirmed everything was OK. Sometimes I wish I never left the feedback first when I got negged. I don't really understand why a buyer wants feedback anyway.

The rating system ebay has is very poorly informed. Is it like 5 stars for a movie? if so I would very rarely rate someone 5 stars.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

@lolobgo wrote:

*BIG SIGH*  

On my other account, I just had a buyer request for feedback..... 

Can't offer much besides my empathy - that's one of my biggest pet peeves.

I know a lot of buyers feel like it's akin to a thank you, but I wonder if they would still feel comfortable sending a message if it asked for that specifically, instead.

eg,

Dear seller, please thank me now for buying from you. And I mean publicly, not via private message, or a little thank you note in the parcel, as that's not nearly the same as a thank you other people can read. 

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

Cat Sad

*Sigh*

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

I know how you feel

I have had one not ask but demand I leave fb for her, after she did not pay, I wait 4 days  & file a UPI, wait another 4 days then she pays last minute. I send item, then proceeds to tell me they dont fit and she will have to send them back, to which I reply "I dont accept returns for sizing as all measurements are in the listing", to get a message back saying... "why?"......Because its in my terms of sale!!!. Then came a demand a week later for postive fb. sheeeeeeeeesh Smiley Frustrated

So OP I sympathise with you.....

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

I feel your pain. I had someone last week pay, then I posted within an hour of payment. He got it 3 days before the eBay estimate (from central west NSW to some remote place in far north Qld - took 4 days). I answered questions he had, I sent him a message after I posted, explaining that due to his remote location and the time if year it could take longer than the eBay estimate. He replied and thanked me.

So, for my efforts, he gave me 4 stars for everything. He left me positive feedback, I left same for him afterwards, then I noticed that some of my stars were missing an arm, so I ran a DSR report. Sure enough, 4 stars for everything, including postage time. So, I replied to the feedback he left me, mentioning his ID and thanked him for trashing my stars.

I know 4 stars isn't a defect, but I work damn hard to keep my 5 stars, only for some twerp to go and wreck it. Seems posting within an hour of payment wasn't good enough. Maybe I was expected to post it before he even bought it?

If you haven't left them feedback yet, I would leave it, but mention their ID and thank them for trashing your stars. 

As for buyers requesting/demanding feedback, there are some buyers who will neg you for not leaving feedback first. There are a few on my party list that have done that. The neg will read something like "doesn't leave feedback" and that's it. 

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply