First and last Sale on eBay

When thisng are confusing, they are confusinng for a reason.

So the best way to find out whjaty the real fees areis to seel somehting.

So after being a buyer for many years, decided to sell something..... never again

Between eBay and Paypal you are skinned of between 12.5-15% of your sale value.

Has to be a bet options than make these fat cats fatter,

Out of here.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Well best you delete your other listings. Everybody is in the same boat .

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yep - all listing are now deleted.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

How much do you think you would have paid in fees if you sold them in a B&M auction, how many people would even know you were selling if you advertised it in the local newspaper? How much do you think you would get for it at a garage sale? When I list something I decide what the minimum profit I want is then I add 15% to cover the fees, if it goes for more then I am still geting more than 85c from each extra dollar.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@double_jump wrote:

When thisng are confusing, they are confusinng for a reason.

So the best way to find out whjaty the real fees areis to seel somehting.

So after being a buyer for many years, decided to sell something..... never again

Between eBay and Paypal you are skinned of between 12.5-15% of your sale value.

Has to be a bet options than make these fat cats fatter,

Out of here.

Yes, there is. Advertise in the paper (then you will REALLY have something to whinge about when you get the bill, especially if you add several photos).

None of us like the fees. Yes, they suck, but when you look at what it costs to advertise in the paper or the cost to put them through an auction that is not online, they don't seem that bad. You could try a garage sale, but to get the prices you were asking for your items, ain't going to happen. The other option is Quicksales, but no-one's doing any good over there because the buyers don't go there.

Most sellers add the fees into their price of the item, so the buyer is paying the fees, not the seller. That way, it effectively costs you nothing.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Its sad you have given up so quickly. I am struggling to understand why. When I decided to Sell, I found out exactly  what costs were involved. I thought it would be handy to know  what my nett profit might be on each item.  

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

It takes more than a single slae to figure out how to use ebay to make a profit.

We are taking home approx 25-30% of total sales as profit after ALL expenses, including tax, fees, cost of stock, postage etc etc.

We just build all that into the item costs to come up with the price we have to list at. Take a browse at what our competitors are selling similar items for to see if its viable for that item and go on from there.

Whilst I don't like the fees either and the way ebay treat thier selling customers with the utmost disdain, we find we can still make a profit here. For now! It's only doom and gloom sometimes but you learn to toufghen up and live with it and move on.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

As somebody who's only until recently been a Buyer, based on the content of your post, I applaud that you took the time and effort to sell something on this platform and discovered for yourself what Sellers here actually experience and the fees involved.

I would encourage more Buyers to have a crack to see just what it's like.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@the_pooze wrote:

As somebody who's only until recently been a Buyer, based on the content of your post, I applaud that you took the time and effort to sell something on this platform and discovered for yourself what Sellers here actually experience and the fees involved.

I would encourage more Buyers to have a crack to see just what it's like.

Good point. It's always a good idea to see both sides of something.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

People that can't do simple research and then whinge afterwards... sigh.

You sound like the sort of buyer that also doesn't read an item description!
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply