Free Basic Store or Feature store from 17.5.16 to 24.9.16

mitbri
Community Member

Has anyone been sent this promotion, for a free store from 4 mths from 17.5.16 to 24.9.16.

It's offer promo 3335 and have to accept the offer by 28.5.16.

At the bottom on the promo, in miscellaneous it says

This promotion is separate to your monthly entitlement to free listings.

I rang ebay and they said I can list auctions under the 200 free store listings, but that is not correct

as stores can only have BIN. So I don't think the chap on the phone knows what he is talking about.

If the promo. states it's separate to the monthly entitlement to free listings (where I use 40 frees for my auctions)

do you think I get the 40  free listings as usual on top of the 200 free store BIN?

Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I have not seen the promotion. Stores can conduct auctions (within free limits) in "Collectables' category.

Can you cut/paste the promo here?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

do you think I get the 40  free listings as usual on top of the 200 free store BIN?

If you want to take up the offer,  you will not get the 40, but ebay stores are now

offered 400 listings pm for basic and 1,000 pm for featured, up until October

Why would you still be asking about the 40?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I have worded it incorrectly.

What I am really getting at, is, If I accept the promotion for a free store for four months,

does that mean I won't get any free listings to do as auction only

So I am giving up my 40 auctions per month?

Which is no good to me as I don't like everything to be BIN. I sell more as auction.

I didn't want to pay for 40 auctions per month.

When I rang CS they told me I would get BIN plus auction listings free.

Then I went on 'chat' with them and CS said the first guy had given the wrong information.

I can't seem to get a clear answer.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Unless you want to list auctions in the Collectables category, you are probably better off opening another account rather than opening a store
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

In regards to the current promotion of a free store from 4 mths from 17.5.16 to 24.9.16.

What happens after the 24th August.  Do you then revert back to your normal 40 free listings or are you now a store holder committed to pay the monthly fees for the store?

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

THought I would try it on this ID but unfortunately no luck.

You can always cease the store at any time i think, if it did not work out after the free trial period

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@mitbri wrote:

Has anyone been sent this promotion, for a free store from 4 mths from 17.5.16 to 24.9.16.

At the bottom on the promo, in miscellaneous it says

This promotion is separate to your monthly entitlement to free listings.

I rang ebay and they said I can list auctions under the 200 free store listings, but that is not correct

as stores can only have BIN. So I don't think the chap on the phone knows what he is talking about.

If the promo. states it's separate to the monthly entitlement to free listings (where I use 40 frees for my auctions)

Can someone help me?

It does say that in the terms and conditions, but I would be very cautious as ebay is well known for glitches and offers not always working as stated.

I find auctions still work very well for some items and would not want to operate without them. Many store sellers believe ebay ''throttle'' sales and have '' hidden selling limits '' that restrict total sales, making it very difficult to increase sales above a pre set limit.

I find I dont have any problems with limits on auction sales. I am only limited by the value of the items I sell and the time I am willing to put into auction listings. Some items still recieve animated multiple bids and sell for more than I would have expected, although this is becoming rarer. Most items that sell go to a single bidder at the starting price. I set realistic starting prices and are just happy to get a sale.

My best guess is that auctions are treated differently to store BINS by cassini and often achieve higher visibility in search rankings and greater selling success.

Auctions still have a valuable place on ebay and stores usually dont have access to free auctions in most catagories.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Given that store holders ARE NOT entitled to 40 free listings a month, I would hazard a guess -NO.

Sheesh, they will get 400 free (really free) listings for the next 4 months. Why are they concerned about a lousy 40 they will forego.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply