GST on online sales over $20

Why not just get ebay to collect it off the sale of anything sold here in Australia?

ie: you sell items in Australia, you pay Australian taxes - level playing field

Message 1 of 139
Latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Meanwhile I'm seeing the increase of underground tax free alternative consumed by Chinese sellers on the rise. Ciggereytes going for $5 here. Lol I think we are going to be screwed now
Message 31 of 139
Latest reply

Hockey is now talking about dropping it to zero now not $20.00, I do not mind paying the GST it will be the administration fee that will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of ebay sellers that source stock from over seas.  The big end of town have got what they wanted so prepare yourself for the bad old days of paying outrages prices for goods here, typical liberal party and there big money mates.  

Message 32 of 139
Latest reply

I don't think any one needs to worry just yet, as the new legislation needs to get past the senate and the rumblings from Canberra suggest it will have a difficlut time.

Message 33 of 139
Latest reply

I Don't know about that the labour party said they are willing to sign off on it and pass it ?.....................

Message 34 of 139
Latest reply

this is great news. Hope it does pass the senate and all sellers are slugged the GST from their sales in Australia to help fund our Govt. helicopter trips

Message 35 of 139
Latest reply

It will not affect many sellers.....if they are not registered for GST and have not reached the threshold where they are required to register for it then nothing will change for them.

The people most affected will be sellers who import their stock from overseas and buyers who buy from overseas.

Message 36 of 139
Latest reply

Just about all the sellers i have regfular contact with get there stock from either China or the U.S. Hardly Normal has finally got his way and once the big boys take over ebay they will not want any of you small to medium sellers, they will figure a way to weed you all out. Ebay will then sell itself off to some poor sucker and that will be the end of it, this is the big retailers agenda beleive me..............

Message 37 of 139
Latest reply

Just about all the sellers i am in contact with get there stock from China or the U.S., Hardly Normal and his rich mates have finally got there way. Once the big retailers take over Ebay which they are already starting to do it will be the end of all small to medium sellers, they will find a way to weed you out. Ebay will then be sold to some sucker and that will be the end of it,  this is the big retailers agenda.How dare us peasents take a small fraction of there profits..............

Message 38 of 139
Latest reply

Just because sellers buy their stock from China or the USA it does not follow that they have to be registered for the GST.

That depends on their turnover.....just as it does now.  Most large ebay sellers are already paying GST anyway.

Maybe you need to read up on the GST and all its implications before complaining.

Message 39 of 139
Latest reply

@lurehouse wrote:

Just about all the sellers i have regfular contact with get there stock from either China or the U.S. Hardly Normal has finally got his way and once the big boys take over ebay they will not want any of you small to medium sellers, they will figure a way to weed you all out. Ebay will then sell itself off to some poor sucker and that will be the end of it, this is the big retailers agenda beleive me..............

Just about all the sellers I have regular contact with source their books in Australia. 

Message 40 of 139
Latest reply