Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

Due to high ridiculous fees plus the new Paypal 180 days claims period, this selling platform

is no longer viable to your average home hobby seller.

I have enjoyed reading the discussion boards for good tips and advice...Thanks to all for your

time and imput to inform others.

I am certain there will be many more to follow.

regards Poppy.

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Wow, by the look of those photos, you are fantastic at your hobby!

what a pity you are going.. at least it is by your choice.. those of us who need to stay for now will probably be close behind, but not by choice! Just threatened with -ve feedback, actually promised negative feedback.. have the anxious wait to see the number click over ๐Ÿ˜ž

ps.. love the chilli willy

Message 2 of 72
Latest reply

I wont be listing anything, but still here watching it all and how it all pans out.  

Message 3 of 72
Latest reply

Nah I'm not going to let them run me off that quick.
Message 4 of 72
Latest reply

I have a feeling you won't be alone. I know I am not buying any more stock for a while, I will wait to see how things pan out.

Paypal I reckon will lose a lot of the BIG players due the new 180 day ruling.

Sorry that you are leaving ebay.

Message 5 of 72
Latest reply

Sadly I think the variety and range of goods that are currently are available will significantly diminish as we lose sellers OR sellers reduce the type and quantity of goods they sell.

eBay is doing very well in killing off some segments of the market with its once size fits all approach.

Already in Australia I can see that the used clothes market has contracted over the past 12 months in quantity and range, whilst the low-cost, off-shore junk has increased.  

Message 6 of 72
Latest reply

This is just sad.

I might put my store on holiday and tell people I am away on ebay but available elsewhere.

Message 7 of 72
Latest reply

I will do as I always do when the sky falling in changes take place and will reopen for business as usual in November and will continue to list, and hopefully sell, until I am no longer making enough money to make it worth while.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 72
Latest reply

I sell  fishing tackle as a small business i was selling up too $3000 a month then you get ebay changing things all the

time like 30 day return now paypal 180 days you cannot put that on a fishing lure or fishing line and other products

they are pushing all small people out so the large companies only sell on ebay .

There prices are going though the roof with them and all they look after is large business now when they change this to a new

CATEGORIES on ebay like the fishing part i have lost over $2000 i was selling 3 to 4 lot a day now it is onE every 3 days the only way  i sell is mates buying off me or returning buyers 

I will be updating my website and ebay can go to hell so early next year i will be going off ebay for good they are  ajoke

ALL EBAY IS AFTER SMALL SELLER MONEY AND THEY DON'T GIVE A **bleep** IF YOU SELL IT SO IT TIME A OTHER  COMPANY SHOULD OPEN UP A WEBSITE FOR PEOPLE TO SELL ON AND SO  A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN TELL EBAY WHERE TO GO FOR  GOOD        

Message 9 of 72
Latest reply

I am sorry you are closing your eBay presence, you will be missed by many.

Yesterday I suggested a wake on another thread, and that is what it feels like what is needed looking at seller boards presently.
Celebration rather than separation
There is a rare sharing community here that has a value in itself.
I am a recent board member, but have been in business in a small community for 25 years,and I keenly know ups and downs of business, unemployment and tenancy. Not a lot about online selling, but learning fast, thanks to the boards.

I think there is something here which is worth struggling for.......
So many heads working away separately, happily independent.
Years of diverse experience, held together by a hairs breath.
Brought together by chance of the eBay 'experience'

Onward and upward, we are in Australia, and we are lucky.
Good luck in your future ventures.

YDG
Message 10 of 72
Latest reply