Gotta Love Australia Post

Bless their automated sorting centres. The parcel is going to Melbourne outer suburb. I have to admit, I got quite excited when I saw it was at Sunshine West the next day. The buyer originally asked for express, but then changed his mind. He'll be kicking himself now, not to mention wondering where the heck his parcel is. Apparently it will be delivered by next Wednesday according to AP. Yeah right! It probably has to go back to Sunshine West.. It's still at Chullora today.

tracking nightmare.jpg

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Gotta Love Australia Post

what an absolute nightmare ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I expect it will go via Underwood next. Nothing would surprise me. I'm actually really surprised I've not heard from the buyer. The ETA has passed I think.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

It's known as "looping" and according to my son who works in the Brisbane call centre they know about it and are attempting to implement something that I'd supposed to trap anything that visits the same centre 3 or more timed in a certain period.
If you call them and bring this specific one to their attention they will put a manual trap on it.
He says it's very often due to some form of damage occurring to the address label that causes one machine to read it correctly whilst another to misread it. So causing it to bounce back & forth.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

They're trying to say it's probably got a damaged label. The only way my labels could get damaged is if the parcel is run over by something. I cover the whole parcel, label included, in tape to protect it from getting wet and potentially damaging the label. They said they are going to get irt out of the loop today (hopefully) and get it back on track. I don't know why the heck that's going to add an extra week to delivery when it can get from Chullora to Sunshine west overnight. I even said I'd drive to Chullora myself and grab it, then deliver it to the buyer. It would still be way quicker than them doing it!

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

"I have to admit, I got quite excited when I saw it was at Sunshine West the next day".

In Victoria, Sunshine West is where parcels go to die. Almost every time I've had an "Item Not Received" notification, the tracking shows the damned thing as being at Sunshine West. 

In my mind's eye, I have an image of the interior of the place - a huge, 50 metre high pile of dust and cob-web covered boxes and satchels dating back years, some with pre-decimal stamps on them. Occasionally, an AusPost worker will walk up to the pile, look down at the Missing Item form in their hand, look at the pile, and turn around and say "Nah, s'not here".

And, seriously - I've had friends sending parcels from Frankston to Seaford (basically adjoining suburbs) which have gone from Frankston to Sunshine West (70 km or so) to be sorted, then back out to Seaford to be delivered. 140km round trip for a 2km delivery...

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@performance_parts_clearance_centre wrote:

"I have to admit, I got quite excited when I saw it was at Sunshine West the next day".

In Victoria, Sunshine West is where parcels go to die. Almost every time I've had an "Item Not Received" notification, the tracking shows the damned thing as being at Sunshine West. 

In my mind's eye, I have an image of the interior of the place - a huge, 50 metre high pile of dust and cob-web covered boxes and satchels dating back years, some with pre-decimal stamps on them. Occasionally, an AusPost worker will walk up to the pile, look down at the Missing Item form in their hand, look at the pile, and turn around and say "Nah, s'not here".

And, seriously - I've had friends sending parcels from Frankston to Seaford (basically adjoining suburbs) which have gone from Frankston to Sunshine West (70 km or so) to be sorted, then back out to Seaford to be delivered. 140km round trip for a 2km delivery...

Not just Frankston to Seaford via Sunshine West. 

Registered parcels have been transferred to a sub post office in Frankston via Sunshine West and sometimes the Seaford Business Centre for good measure, when they only had to come from Langwarrin PO (a mere 2km from Frankston). 

It's just crazy.....and so S L O W.  Other parcels have done even more of a scenic tour, or tracking has stopped at Sunshine West while the parcels have moved on.  Arrgghh.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

At least yours ar going somewhere. Just picked up another 8 (out of about 40 sent) DL envelopes from the PO that have been returned to me. Not to thick, not over weight and correct post. Even one that was going to the USA got bounced back. 

No return to sender, no markings to indicate why ??  They go from me to Perth Mail center (300km) then disappear for a few days then back through Perth mail center and back to me 

Most frustrating

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I'm not sure it is going anywhere, it's been at Chullora for 2 days now. I can't help but think after visiting Chullora several times, that it's going to fall into the big black hole. I'm still surprised I haven't heard from the buyer.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

And then there's the fee increases!  Wish they would pay more attention to delivering parcels on time before rising postage costs!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply