on 08-25-2013 04:40 PM
''Chat With Us'' That's the link for live help. It will open up as a pop up so make sure you don't have pop ups blocked in your browser.
1) Keep everything as simple as possible, probably at the level of an 8yo child.
2) Be prepared for them to say 'I understand' when they don't understand
3) They will give the same generic advice you can find by searching help
4) If you don't accept that advice they will tell you they have passed on your details to someone else in ebay to help you
5) That will be the last you will hear from them, forcing you to go to live chat again, repeating the process
Much better just to ring and ask to speak to someone in Australia.
on 08-25-2013 04:43 PM
Click on Customer Support in the menu top right of screen then click on the Contact eBay tab.
Find the most relevant topic and you will be given options to either call eBay, have an eBay rep call you or email.
on 08-25-2013 07:52 PM
You may be better off asking here, most things can be solved by the members who post here and you are more likely to get an informed answer that will actually help. Rest assured if your problem would be better handled by contacting ebay then that is what members will advise.
on 06-08-2015 09:03 AM
06-08-2015 09:44 AM - edited 06-08-2015 09:45 AM
A buyer is asking me for my PayPal information and cell phone number. This is my first time selling on eBay. They are also sending a shipping agent to pick up the item. Should I provide my PayPal info? Can't they just click "buy" and buy the item as it's connected to my PayPal already.
Scam,it's an ongoing scam that they've been trying for years.
My guide shows you how to deal with it,(just scroll down to where it says Fake shipping agent scam):