HOW TO CHAT WITH EBAY REPRESENTATIVE?

HOW  TO CHAT  WITH EBAY REPRESENTATIVE LIVE?

Message 1 of 294
Latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

''Chat With Us''   That's the link for live help.  It will open up as  a pop up so make sure you don't have pop ups blocked in your browser.

1) Keep everything as simple as possible, probably at the level of an 8yo child. 

2) Be prepared for them to say 'I understand' when they don't understand

3) They will give the same generic advice you can find by searching help

4) If you don't accept that advice they will tell you they have passed on your details to someone else in ebay to help you

5) That will be the last you will hear from them, forcing you to go to live chat again, repeating the process

Much better just to ring and ask to speak to someone in Australia. 

Message 2 of 294
Latest reply

Click on Customer Support in the menu top right of screen then click on the Contact eBay tab.

Find the most relevant topic and you will be given options to either call eBay, have an eBay rep call you or email.

Message 3 of 294
Latest reply

You may be better off asking here, most things can be solved by the members who post here and you are more likely to get an informed answer that will actually help. Rest assured if your problem would be better handled by contacting ebay then that is what members will advise.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 294
Latest reply

jamjj1803
Community Member
A buyer is asking me for my PayPal information and cell phone number. This is my first time selling on eBay. They are also sending a shipping agent to pick up the item. Should I provide my PayPal info? Can't they just click "buy" and buy the item as it's connected to my PayPal already.
Message 5 of 294
Latest reply

@jamjj1803 wrote:
A buyer is asking me for my PayPal information and cell phone number. This is my first time selling on eBay. They are also sending a shipping agent to pick up the item. Should I provide my PayPal info? Can't they just click "buy" and buy the item as it's connected to my PayPal already.

Scam,it's an ongoing scam that they've been trying for years.

My guide shows you how to deal with it,(just scroll down to where it says Fake shipping agent scam):

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Nigeria-is-a-scam-Fake-shipping-agent-Contact-Live-Help-/1000000001695207...

Message 6 of 294
Latest reply

You are asking on the Australian Boards. You may want to log out and log back into ebay.com.

Message 7 of 294
Latest reply

i had ordered one tablet of brand Xiaomi on 6 december 2015 and expected delivery date of tablet is 23 december to 6 january but i fidnot received yet
Message 8 of 294
Latest reply

Probably best to start a new thread when you have an issue, not dig up an old one. I am assuming by the brand and estimate that it's coming from China? There were a lot of public holidays since you bought which ebay don't recognise, so there is a chance it will take longer than the estimate in the listing. Those dates are an estimate only, not a guarantee. EBay puts them there, not the seller.

Leave it another week and if it hasn't arrived then, contact the seller and let them know it hasn't arrived. Give them a few days to reply. If they don't reply, open up a item not arrived dispute in PayPal.

Was there tracking uploaded into your purchase history?

Message 9 of 294
Latest reply

If it's the seller on 46.2 %  feedback and 7 negs at the time of writing this, it's a fraudulent listing for a non existent item.

Log on to Paypal and open a dispute immediately .Escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows.

Beware of spoof/phishing emails you may receive. Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware , keylogging and virus protection and change all your passwords regularly

Message 10 of 294
Latest reply