Hands up the Sellers who are experiencing problems with the Estimated Delivery Dates.

The Estimated Delivery Dates being inserted are far too short and in a lot of instances simply can't be met raising disatisfaction by the Buyer.

Australia Post quotes 2-4 business days yet the time being inserted by eBay in most cases is far shorter than this and does not allow 1 day for handling.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hands up the Sellers who are experiencing problems with the Estimated Delivery Dates.

Yep, Ebay have exactly zero clue about real world postage speed

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, especially from NSW to WA, NT & Tasmania. It also doesn't always adjust to the actual postage date, which can be a couple of days after sale date. Luckily most of our buyers have been understanding.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Change your handling time to more than 5 days to give yourself a buffer against slow delivery.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I can't help myself. I've got to say it....

You shouldn't have to do this!!

It hasn't  affected us, yet. But, it will, won't it?

Its like as if we have someone at the helm with some sort of vendetta agenda. Could I be excused for forming that opinion? I mean, I'm a newcomer,  looking at it all with fresh new eyes. Goodness me! People should be kind to each other. It's so much easier if everyone is happy.  Giorgio knows none of this. He's so trusting. But, how many others are like him and will get hurt?

I wonder what percentage of all new sellers get the same impression. And if they do, do they just go elsewhere like I'm contemplating? If I can find an elsewhere.  It's just not making any sense. Surely, there must be some good logic somewhere that I'm missing? I've said it before, those at the helm wouldn't be there if they weren't eminently qualified and talented at what they do, would they? Surely?

I think  I might stay out of here for awhile. I'm sooooo disheartened. Not for us though, others who are having so much difficulty and a lot of it totally unnecessary. I really feel terrible for them. It's not nice.

I'd better do some work. I just hope those who are fretting find a way to help themselves.

Melina.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Spot on

Sellers should NOT have to put in 5 days or more for their handling time,all becuase ebay has to put in fairytale estimated delivery dates (whuch so many buyers take as gospel) 

Ebay should not be inserting such rot in the first place,they know very well we have not had that kind of speed from Australia Post in many,many years (prolly pre-ebay)

But of course, the buyer is the be all and end all and the one and only party that matters

Ebay will do anything to make themselves look good in the eyes of buyers, would not look as good if ebay placed REAL postage speed, would it

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

*Please excuse my typo upon typo
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

not a good idea it will affect your sales if you do that. it is up to ebay to increase the est delivery times.. it has been a huge issue for me over the past 2 weeks..

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I have had a 5 day handling period for some years, due to health reasons, but post most items within 24 to 48 hours.

I do this for the reasons given by others,particularly ever slow deliveries, and find buyers who leave feedback are pleased with the relative speed of delivery.

As a buyer, I read the sellers feedback re delivery rather than stated hadling time.

New sellers, don't despair. Just get a handle on who ebay is here to help........themselves. Once you work out their agenda, it gets easier.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

You can' change the handling time if you want to keep your Top Rated / Premium Seller tag!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply