Has a scammer bought my item?

twopuk
Community Member

Hello all. Yestersay, I put a smart phone up for sale and within 6 minutes someone bought it. The person who bought the item sent me an email stating I needed to contact him with the email address he provided. I contacted him with the email address he provided, and I got the following reply from him

I apologize for not contacting you immediately i won your auction item on eBay. I am very happy about the purchase . My daughter had to log on to my eBay account to view the purchase, she was also happy with it. But eBay had thought it was a third party due to their over zealousness. they decided to protect us both.

The issues with my account have now been resolved and confirmed by eBay.

I precisely purchased the item on behalf of a folk of mine in Nigeria who has been transferred to serve as a missionary to Nigeria.I will be leaving for New Zealand  for a program I'm seeking your help in getting the item posted to him in Nigeria.

I have sorted out the postage costs on the Australia post website and i will be adding it accordingly to the costs of the item and i want the posted via Express Courier International Post.

I will pay immediately.

In the original email he sent me, he said I needed to ship the item to a completely different address that is stated above. Also after sending a email to his email address. I've been getting fake emails from paypal and ebay.

Is the buy legit?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

FORWARD all Fake Emails from PAYPAL called  Phishing  to their Phishing email address 😉

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Obviously a scam.

There is a documentary about Nigerian scammers on Youtube, go check it out, then you will know how they work.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

OP has probably worked that out in the last 4 months.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

So I have given this person my email for PayPal was that dangerous?

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

OP has probably worked that out in the last 4 months.

what Dave meant to say was "OP has probably worked that out in the last 16 months"

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Oops, my mistake.

Thank you gentle knight.

Very much so, lace. read my response to your thread.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry, but new to this...where is your response to my thread?
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

if you click on your ID on the left hand side of any of your posts/comments/replies you will get a list of your most recent posts.  As Dave is referring to a post of yours that is not on this thread you can click on the reply you posted on another thread.  Dave's reply will be somewhere below your post.

If this is all gobbledegook to you, then click on this link: http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Scam/m-p/976135#M48017

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

If you mean the answers to your POST.....# 14 above then there are no answers.

You have posted your question in a thread that has nothing to do with the question so no-one has seen it.

I suggest you open a new thread and post your question with a few more details...like who did you give the email address to?

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

P
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply