Has eBay fees gone up on post charges?

leyno
Community Member

Post cost $8.50 - eBay charge fee $0.93 - which is a 10.94% charge.

Thought it was a 10% fee for post or are they putting GST on top of the fee?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@leyno wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, knew there were FVF on post, thought it was 10%, but now you have said 9.9%, that eBay fee adds up correctly (with GST on top). Just did'nt realise that eBay was supplying me with the goods and sevices on behalf of Australia Post, considering that I am already paying a goods and services tax amount when I pay for my parcel at Australia Post or am I missing something?

Looking at a previous Aus Post receipt - standard under 500g was charged at $7.95 which includes the GST fee of $0.72

you are missing something.  The extra you are now paying due to the Netflix tax is not a tax on the postage paid to Aust Post, it is a tax on your eBay fee.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

FVF on postage has been in for years.  Earlier this year the โ€œNetflix tax (GST)โ€ was applied to digitally delivered goods, including eBay fees.

So, yes, you are paying 9.9% on your postage, and then 10% on top of that as GST on the fee.  Should be 10.89% rounded to the nearest cent.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply. Yes, knew there were FVF on post, thought it was 10%, but now you have said 9.9%, that eBay fee adds up correctly (with GST on top). Just did'nt realise that eBay was supplying me with the goods and sevices on behalf of Australia Post, considering that I am already paying a goods and services tax amount when I pay for my parcel at Australia Post or am I missing something?

Looking at a previous Aus Post receipt - standard under 500g was charged at $7.95 which includes the GST fee of $0.72

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@leyno wrote:

you are missing something.  The extra you are now paying due to the Netflix tax is not a tax on the postage paid to Aust Post, it is a tax on your eBay fee.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply