Have your eBay sales slowed a little?

From everything we're reading, many sellers are reporting slower sales this year. Why is this?

On our other eBay store (selling homewares) we were turning over approx $7000-$9000 per month last year, yet in the past several months in 2015 this has dwindled to about half of this! We don't feel this has anything to do with the way we are running our eBay store.

Is this apparent slump being caused by poor policies and decisions at eBay, or just a general slump in the retail market? Where are the customers going, or are they just holding on to their money tightly? Any thoughts..?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I very much doubt you are alone. Just keep providing the best products and customer service you can. everything else is pretty much out of your hands.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Slow sales have hit alot of sellers. I sometimes feel the buyers have left eBay  in droves and wonder if they have found another site. My sales have been going down for awhile now.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

I just started selling on a new platform, and Im amazed how well its going.

Yesterday alone, I sold MORE than what I sold in the entire previous week on Ebay.  

I really dont think it has to do with retail market or people holding onto their money, otherwise my other platforms wouldnt be doing so well.  Ebay is the odd one out.

It seems slow sales on Ebay have to do with terrible policies, changes in Ebays business plan, and poor reputation due to all of the above.  Also, Ebay doesnt provide transparency and doesnt seem to trust or support their sellers, so why would sellers stay. If Ebay doesnt trust their own sellers, why would buyers buy from them. 

With Ebays apparent business plan change toward large name retailers, they might not feel like this is terrible important right now, since small sellers dont fit into their new plan. Unfortunately, small sellers are a large chunk of the people who would buy from retailers...

I think Ebay is on a slippery downhill slope and it will be very difficult for them to pick up now. The retailers will end up leaving too, when sales are low because Ebay has alienated their market and they dont need to be here.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

I just started selling on a new platform, and Im amazed how well its going.

Yesterday alone, I sold MORE than what I sold in the entire previous week on Ebay.  

I really dont think it has to do with retail market or people holding onto their money, otherwise my other platforms wouldnt be doing so well.  Ebay is the odd one out.

It seems slow sales on Ebay have to do with terrible policies, changes in Ebays business plan, and poor reputation due to all of the above.  Also, Ebay doesnt provide transparency and doesnt seem to trust or support their sellers, so why would sellers stay. If Ebay doesnt trust their own sellers, why would buyers buy from them. 

With Ebays apparent business plan change toward large name retailers, they might not feel like this is terrible important right now, since small sellers dont fit into their new plan. Unfortunately, small sellers are a large chunk of the people who would buy from retailers...

I think Ebay is on a slippery downhill slope and it will be very difficult for them to pick up now. The retailers will end up leaving too, when sales are low because Ebay has alienated their market and they dont need to be here.

Couldn't agree with you more saarzi. I wont be using ebay for much longer.  Have found much better alternatives. It's Glaringly Obvious that ebay DONT want the Small Sellers, so why stay where your not welcome.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply