Having two listings using the one item.

mcbaj
Community Member

Might be a stupid question.

I have an item. I have one listing for it. Call it A. I want to list the item again calling it B. As the item suits more than one thing. I know this can be done. 

But. Say if I have 20 of these items on hand. Instead of giving A and B a quantity of 10 each. Can I give them both the actual quantity on hand, 20, an when say B sells one, can I somehow have the given quantity of both A and B to reudce?

Having it this way would be much easier to track the item quantity on hand.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

No, sorry, that can't be done - you can only either make 10 available in each listing, or use the keywords for both in a single title / listing (and/or list the item in two categories for an additional cost). 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

is A a bra and B a double barreled sling shot?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks. 

The only way I see it working is if I add it to my inventory and then make two listings or templates from the one item? Then only the quantity can be checked via the inventory???

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Unfortunately I don't use eBay's inventory feature so I don't know whether that would work or not (or how to set it up if it would).

There are a couple of members who use it, though, so pretty much just bumping this thread in case they happen to spot it. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry I am going to be no help as I do not use inventory but if it does work please let us know

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Easiest way would be to use the "sell similar" feature and then change the category or whatever other changes you want to make - however each item would have to be listed with an inventory of 10 and you can't take any sales off the combined total of 20.

What difference does it make anyway - six of one/half a dozen of the other - the sales per item will still be deducted from the original 20 (or whatever amount you have in total) in your possesion Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply