Help! Buyer wants me to ship to Nigeria and I've already gave them my BSB and Account Number?

younmt03
Community Member

I sold my first item on eBay and this person wants me to send it to the United States. I googled the address and the person's name on facebook which they seems to be legit because this person was very active on facebook. So i thought i wasn't a scam. I gave them my bsb and bank account since they say they did not want to pay by paypal because of the extra charges and that it takes up to 21 days to complete. Now they replied to me and asked me to change the delivery address to Nigeria saying that they have made a payment to my bank account and that they have added an extra 150$ for the inconvinence and the change of delivery address. What do I do now?

Do I cancel the order? or Do I simply ignore? Help!!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help! Buyer wants me to ship to Nigeria and I've already gave them my BSB and Account Number?

Oh dear !

Open an unpaid item case and close it 4 days later.

Unless of course they pay which is highly unlikely.

That will get your eBay fee back and cancel the trans with no feedback being able to be left.

Then on monday I would call your bank and advise them. 

If you have a large amount in that account I would probably also transfer it temporarily to another account if you can over the weekend. But usually all they can do is deposit without the pin.

However I don't trust the Nigerians.

Also be wary not to open any sus emails, click on links for the next few months.

The item you are selling is prone to scammers. On relist, tick the box that requires immediate payment.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Oh dear !

Open an unpaid item case and close it 4 days later.

Unless of course they pay which is highly unlikely.

That will get your eBay fee back and cancel the trans with no feedback being able to be left.

Then on monday I would call your bank and advise them. 

If you have a large amount in that account I would probably also transfer it temporarily to another account if you can over the weekend. But usually all they can do is deposit without the pin.

However I don't trust the Nigerians.

Also be wary not to open any sus emails, click on links for the next few months.

The item you are selling is prone to scammers. On relist, tick the box that requires immediate payment.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

big big big scam

The paypal lie,which they used as an excuse to get your bank details and now the 'Nigeria' address and extra money

contact your bank and explain what happened, also,  get an ebay call back (don't settle for the 'avergae' cs you'll get on a regular phone call)

report them asap and protect yourself

That is just my opinion 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It says that the user is no longer registered on eBay. Is there any chance they can hack into my paypal accounts or bank accounts? 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Just follow my guide on Nigeria is a scam,(anything to do with Nigeria is a scam).

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Nigeria-is-a-scam-Fake-shipping-agent-Contact-Live-Help-/1000000001695207...

There is no payment made,(on the rare occasion that a payment was made in some way it would've being done

with a stolen credit card).

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It's very unlikely and even if they did you are covered by both your bank and PayPal.

Scammers are usually on information finding missions, then attempt to use it in some other way.

If you have had your passwords for some time it's probably a good idea to change them now.

Both eBay and PayPal.

image host
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply