Help - not selling

Up to now have successfully sold items on ebay. Not a lot, but regularly.  I usually sell on a 10 day Buy it Now Cycle. In about April I changed to a "Good Until Sold" format so I didnt have to keep renewing items.  Since then I have sold not a skidoo.  I have since changed my listings back to the 7 or 10 day format with no change. Did I do a naughty?  Im just looking for reasons.  

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Help - not selling

I've got it on this account and not my other one for the same reason,good.gif

Then I decided that I'm taking a break from selling and maybe they'll have it all fixed by the time that I resume

selling,blush-1.gif

Message 21 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

My sales are catastrophically low, I don't know what's going on. Seller hub showing a drop of over 40% compared to the same period last year. For us, usually this is when the busiest time of year starts - pre-Christmas and Christmas sales. I have a feeling something bad is happening with ebay and google and ebay listings are not coming up as well in search engines.
Message 22 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

My sales are catastrophically low, I don't know what's going on

You have a front row seat to the total collapse of the Australian economy .. we have been rorted and sold down the river to appease multi nationals and ruthless capitalists/lobbiests who are intent on returning nothing to our economy aside from stagflation, dysfunction and disengagement for any who seek a fair deal in return for a solid days work .. the people who did this are now attempting to outlaw unionism for the blue collar sector so as to enslave your children to a life of misery all sold by empty promises of a future of prosperity .. it is all downhill from here and very soon the astute observer will witness these demons salting the earth on their way out so as to thwart any ideal of repair for many years to come .. our current government are systematic and pathological liars who have no shame .. they are a disgrace and blight on Australian society .. hope that helps some ..

Message 23 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

There was a slow down in sales last November, but it picked up again.

Message 24 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

I thought the federal elections were already over. The LibLab Party (singular) won. I'm sure Labor and Liberal are only 'different' parties in order to make it not look like a scam!

And yes, this month I haven't even reached double figures in sales. Six items totalling all of $35. In which I lost $10 because an $8 overseas large letter became an $18 parcel because it was thirteen grams over the limit and may have caused the plane to crash into the ocean from being overloaded. At least next month's eBay fees will be cheap, right?
Message 25 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

At least next month's eBay fees will be cheap, right?

.. I was wondering where the silver lining was ..

.. you do have my sympathy as most everything is futile .. I am preparing for homelessness and am pushing 60, my rent is going up 15% and my wages are going down (my negative geared real estate portfolioed landlord is having a world wide extended holiday and now needs my food money to fund that) .. this society sickens me which I am sure is just how the likes of Christopher Pyne and company prefer it for the unwashed public schoolers ..

Message 26 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

@x3n0m wrote:

My sales are catastrophically low, I don't know what's going on

You have a front row seat to the total collapse of the Australian economy .. we have been rorted and sold down the river to appease multi nationals and ruthless capitalists/lobbiests who are intent on returning nothing to our economy aside from stagflation, dysfunction and disengagement for any who seek a fair deal in return for a solid days work .. the people who did this are now attempting to outlaw unionism for the blue collar sector so as to enslave your children to a life of misery all sold by empty promises of a future of prosperity .. it is all downhill from here and very soon the astute observer will witness these demons salting the earth on their way out so as to thwart any ideal of repair for many years to come .. our current government are systematic and pathological liars who have no shame .. they are a disgrace and blight on Australian society .. hope that helps some ..

Smiley Surprised      Your sarcastic wit is quite entertaining and thought provoking.

I hope you dont really see the world as quite this bad though.

Employment prospects for us 50 - 60 Year olds are not good, but there is always an opportunity hidden under a rock somewhere if you are prepared to look hard enough for it.

Personally I dont think I could face working for a boss again.  I just scratch out a living, by trying to make best use of the opportunities that come my way. This includes selling on ebay which is still OK if you have products people atually want to buy.

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Employment prospects for us 50 - 60 YO males are not good, but there is always an opportunity hidden under a rock somewhere if you are prepared to look hard enough for it.

Well that is probably all that is left; scratching in the dirt looking for shiny things to adorn the wretched fingers of some baldy headed midget swiss banker's succubus trophy bride .. yippee .. its not over yet ..

Message 28 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Same here.I haven't sold anything on one of my accounts for a month.Only sold 1 item in August to.I usually make enough to pay bills and ect.But now I feel like throwing everything out...The other account isn't much better .But only 4 things this month usually it's much higher.Really getting sick of listing and not selling.

Message 29 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Many people set up designer business's on the back of a fools paradise called the mining boom.  Now that has moved to another dimension, people are feeling let down as all that forever income has ceased.  I know that here in Perth, people describe themselves as out of work FIFO's,  Well what is that!  Are you a tradie, a truck driver, miner or just a lackey that got lucky for a bit.  No one saved their money, just blew it and now they have nothing and are blaming the government, spy agencies and I am sure Donald Trump.  No one has any positive forward thinking ideas,  Yes, we are all just getting along with it all.  Even through the mining boom, of which I had no part, I just paid higher inflated prices because all these bogans were spending big and being used up by all business.  Now that the boom is over, we are still stuck with the high prices and are scraping around to make ends meet.  Just get on with it guys and be thankful that we do live in this great place called Australia.  And of course if you don't like it then, well the door is open.

Message 30 of 47
Latest reply