Here we go again

I listed a pinball machine with a buyit now price with offers,a very new buyer typed in and made their offer but didnt realise it meant anything,they are very sorry but they made a mistake,blah blah  blah,am over it,whats the quickest way to delete the deal.Thanks

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Here we go again

I would send them a message before doing anything and ask them if they would be willing to accept a cancellation. If they are a new buyer, tell them that when you send the request, they must accept it as soon as they can otherwise it could affect their ability to buy. If you don't hear back from them, open an unpaid item dispute after 4 days, then close it 4 days later and give them a strike against their shiny new account. Then add them to your blocked buyer list. Also, if you haven't already, set up buyer requirement blocks to hopefully weed out serial pests.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

Thanx for that.Worx for me.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

Don't send a cancellation request until you hear back from them because once you've sent one of those, you can't then open an unpaid item dispute.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

They had already told me of their stupid fingers bid and that they had contacted Ebay who said I could send a cancellation request,so I have sent it ,I sent it with a message stating that I was sending the cancel under direction of Ebay,and they need to accept ASAP or their ability to use Ebay will be effected.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

Hopefully that should scare them enough to accept it. If not, you should be able to close it in 10 days to get your fees back. Then you are free to relist.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

If, on the odd chance they don't accept the cancellation (it's happened to me, buyer changed mind and wouldn't accept the cancellation request), just email eBay and request to have your FVF credited. They can check the emails you have received to verify the buyer made a mistake. Always good to know for future reference!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

Done and dusted,I sent a message saying they should pull their finger out or I would start legal proceedings BLAHAHA,the cancel went thru ,they told me I would be better with gumtree,and that I am a douche with an attitude problem,,,,,,,,middle finger extended by myself,dont care.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

Great outcome! I love how people feel the need to get aggressive when they think they are anonymous behind a computer screen.

Don't forget to add them to your blocked buyer list so they can't do it again http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

And set up buyer requirement blocks if you haven't already. It doesn't completely stop the douchebags, but it sure slows them up a bit! http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

The tightest settings are (in order on the page):

2 strikes in 12 months

Tick the next one about locations you don't post to.

4 policy violations in 6 months

Next one is optional because unless a buyer is also a seller, they can't go below 0 with feedback.

Next one is optional. Depends on whether you want to set limits on how many items a buyer can buy.

Block buyers who haven't gone through phone verification. Then optional if you want to set a limit on their feedback score.

Apply above settings to current and future listings

Don't allow blocked buyers to contact you

Submit

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Here we go again

3883matt Done and dusted,I sent a message saying they should pull their finger out or I would start legal proceedings BLAHAHA,the cancel went thru ,they told me I would be better with gumtree,and that I am a douche with an attitude problem,,,,,,,,middle finger extended by myself,dont care.

----------------------------------

You did them a favour. You easily could have just opened an unpaid item dispute and given them a strike. And they reward you how? By not bothering to even reply to a cancellation message till pushed and then abusing you. Charming people.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply