Hi is it common for buyers to take a week before they answer your message

Hi is it common for buyers to stuff you around take up to a week to answer a invoice message cheers

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Some do especially auctions where they forgot they even left a bid. raise an unpaid item dispute, that often shakes them loose, or at least starts the process if they are going to default, which some do.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Hi thanks for that cheers 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Yep it is common it is also common that you will never hear from them. Make sure in your Site Preferences under Selling Preferences that your Buyer requirements are set up, and also Unpaid Item Assistant is set up. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Assistant is inflexible and only recommended for lazy sellers. A better option for them is to require immediate payment. For the rest of us, try communicating.

A NPB case is always an option, it just shouldn't be the reflex.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

I disagree that Unpaid Item Assist is for lazy sellers, it is maybe more for busy people or people who sell many items. Also it is very useful if you get sick and end up in hospital. How can you communicate with a buyer when they don't answer your messages?

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@lalala-au wrote:

I disagree that Unpaid Item Assist is for lazy sellers, it is maybe more for busy people or people who sell many items. Also it is very useful if you get sick and end up in hospital. How can you communicate with a buyer when they don't answer your messages?

Then your choice should be 'immediate payment'. The item doesn't even count as sold until paid for. Surely preferable to automatically trashing a buyer?

Admittedly I don't spend a lot of time in hospital, but if I did I would probably not be selling online, with all the expectations attendant thereto.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

I have been recommended by many different sellers to do this. Sellers who have more experience in selling on ebay than I even do. I am not sure how many non-paying buyers you have had but I get at least 1 a month and they don't care that they get a strike besides their name, I also block them. Advice I have gotten from many experienced sellers and also Ebay. It is a personal choice and a valid choice if your creating a business just like any other business in this world, Ebay has policies and that is one of the reasons why I choose to sell on Ebay.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

If this is your primary ID, more than even you is not a high bar. Me, for example, beats it experience-wise..

And I get about one NPB every 2 months. And I don't stress about it.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Seriously I have no idea what your problem is? But I have noticed people do tend to ignore you, I think it is a trend I will follow. I only posted some advice that I have been given by sellers who have been selling here for many years, most over 10 years but one personal friend of mine who has been selling here for 15 years. They have an excellent reputation and a very successful business and I just wanted to pass on some advice that has helped me grow as a business too.  I will keep on doing that completely ignoring you!

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply