Hmmm

Arrived home after a great night playing music to find a BIN item had sold and then got a message 7 minutes later from the buyer saying

"Hi i think i have inadvertently clicked on the buy button of a transformer you had for sale which was on my watch list.

Sorry if that is the case".

He not only hit the buy it now button accidently but also the confirm button as well....that was clever .

I would prefer to Not try to force him to pay after that and risk a nasty feedback or other defect .So that leaves me the choice of cancelling the sale and hoping he accepts the cancellation or allowing the unpaid item assistant to kick in and tell him to ignore it and to not pay me and it will go away after a week or so.

Can he leave me feedback if I go with the cancellation at his request?.

Usually I would just act ,but with a swirling head after a night of rock and roll I thought I should sleep on it and see what wisdom has come my way from you wonderful people when I wake late tommorrow morning.

Man Happy

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hmmm

......when I wake late tommorrow morning with a thumping head, a mouth as dry as a vulture's bum and the definately mot warm and fuzzies for a numpty buyer LOL.

I thought buyers could now cancel within an hour of purchase as long as an invoice had not been sent, if that is the case and they didn't do it then I would just let the unpaid item dispute provess do it's job,

In the unlikely event tha yoou wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed you are on your own with this one LOL LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

or allowing the unpaid item assistant to kick in and tell him to ignore it and to not pay me and it will go away after a week or so.

------------------------------

Definitely that one.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

I thought buyers could now cancel within an hour of purchase as long as an invoice had not been sent PJ

-------------------------

As mainly a buyer, I had not heard of this, so have no idea if it applies or not.

If it is true, then it is a shame ebay does not have a pop up message to this effect appear after a sale to inform buyers of it, then the onus would be on them to deal with their own messes. It would save sellers a fair bit of grief.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

Go with the unpaid case, he will receive a strike and too many of those and he won't be accidentally hitting any buttons. If you go through with the cancellation the buyer can still leave you feedback, not a good choice in my opinion.

Tell the numpty you need to do the unpaid case to get your fees back.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
If you go through with the cancellation the buyer can still leave you feedback, not a good choice in my opinion.

If a buyer leaves feedback for a cancelled transaction, eBay WILL remove it. I speak from experience. It might just be a matter of talking to the right eBay rep, but it's in their rules: if a transaction is cancelled, it does not exist and feedback cannot be given.

Still, I'd probably go with the Unpaid Item Dispute myself with a carefully worded message beforehand to the effect of it being a standard eBay practice.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

Another thing to consider though is that the cancellation process has changed. If you go to cancel transaction, select buyer requested cancellation.... (or whatever the wording is exactly) then the cancellation is cancelled straight away and you get your fees back - you no longer have to wait for the buyer to agree. A UPI process takes 8 days to get your fees back etc. Buyer still can't leave feedback AFAIK. Depends if you want to get back at the buyer I guess, but I would add that at least they communicated. My gripe is with the ones who just ignore their purchases.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

Thanks for the advice everyone Man Very Happy

I'm not interested in punishing anyone so I've done a cancellation due to "Buyer has changed their mind"...yep still feeling good this morning ( no hangover lol ) so no need to spoil that...but will add another name to the old BBL.

I'll let you know what transpires.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

I have never had them remove feedback for a cancelled transaction, however they will remove feedback for a unpaid dispute if they have left it before the case is closed.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm

They coud have cancelled, but obviously did not know that or they would have. Instead they asked you, good old fashioned communication. Dont punish them for doing so. What difference to you if they asked or did it themselves??

I have no issue with buyer regret even, if it is almost immediate and haven't stuffed you around.

To be honest if cooling off periods were openly marketed they may even overcome buyer reluctance to hit buy now in the first place. Providing more sales than the ones actually cancelled.

"teaching some a lesson' for being rash does not make me feel particularly great about myself. Of course people make up excuses, because they feel they have to. The real reason is non of our business and would often sound even more implausable.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply