How Can A User Of These Forums See What I Buy When No F/B Was Left By Either Party

Recently I bought some items No feedback was left by either party but still a certain user in this forum was able to access this information including what item I bought. How is this possible?????

Just Curious

Paddy

Message 1 of 112
Latest reply
111 REPLIES 111

How Can A User Of These Forums See What I Buy When No F/B Was Left By Either Party

@joethenuts wrote:

if you were using your real id and i went to a program that told me what you brought on ebay ,and it was private  would you like me to post it here to others.  correct 

this IS my real ID, it is the ID I am currently using for my eBay buying.

In fact, ALL my eBay IDs are real.  None of them have my Christian name in them, but they are still real.  One uses my initials and PO Box number, doesn't make it any more or less real than any other eBay ID.  None of my IDs has feedback set to private.

To be honest joe, I do not care who sees what I buy or sell on eBay, but what I find disgraceful is when posters trawl my feedback for no other reason than to deflect threads away from the topic being discussed, and then tell me I have no right to post because I have only sold one thing in the last 12 months, or only bought 8 items in the last year.  Surely the helpfulness of my posts, or their accuracy, has more bearing than how many items I have bought or sold, don't you think?

Message 21 of 112
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

hey my opinion , its the same as going thru your neibours rubish bin 

Do you really do that.

Robot Embarassed

Message 22 of 112
Latest reply

well  i know with hard rubbish its a $500 fine   was i correct that your private buying items are not private anymore  that is my problem

Message 23 of 112
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

thats fine lyndal but thats not the case   you for one have your items private  correct  thats fine , but it will tell you your items , all you have to do is check or would you like me to tell you what you last brought\ps was thelast thing you got or thhereabouts  cost $20.50 with3 bids

The difference is that I am not asking for help on the boards....anyone who looks at my buying is just being a sticky beak and wanting to cause trouble.

The last thing I bought for $20.50 was a DVD....House Husbands.  Whoopy do....what does that tell you other than that you are a sticky beak.

Just for your information....some of us actually offer help in the Answer Centre and using watchcount can often help immeasurably in giving answers when the OPs are unable to post item numbers or seller's IDs.  It is not just used for sticky beaking.

Message 24 of 112
Latest reply

stick to the thread we are talking about a program  not feedback ,and feedback is there for a reason .  but this program tells anybody that has a private listing , its no longer private anymore simple as that , i have not mentioned names of who does it , so stop refering to me , 

Message 25 of 112
Latest reply

Joe, read the answers you have already been given......Private listings do not show in Watchcount.

Message 26 of 112
Latest reply

thats what i am saying you have a right to have your buying private   but its not   i had no idea of the name of the program until k1ooo mentioned it , it was prob on another post a while ago. but posters should not go sticky beaking , if the op asks a queation and does not state the item ,then thats up to the op.

Message 27 of 112
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

i had no idea of the name of the program until k1ooo mentioned it. 

May I suggest then - less time arguing - more time studying.

Message 28 of 112
Latest reply

Joe.....you do not understand what I am saying......My feedback is Private but you can still see what I have bought EXCEPT for the items I have bought that the sellers have listed as PRIVATE listings.

What exactly can you do with the information that I have bought the 3 seasons of House Husbands, 18 seasons of Silent Witness, some clothing, a stew pot.......

Now if you could see what I had bought as Private listings you might decide that my house was worth robbing.

Message 29 of 112
Latest reply

no arguments my opinion is it should not be used here in these forums   simple as that.   

and if some person disagrees well thats fine,  if you dont want people to know what you buy , well that should be up to you. 

i dont buy much so it does not matter but a while ago i brought some needles , which some people might asume ,i use certain things well they were very large needles i use for tints 150ml  lol

Message 30 of 112
Latest reply