How Much Does a BX1 Box Weigh?

(Please and thank you 🙂 )

I mean the weight of the box by itself, as I don't have any on hand to check, and couldn't find the info online anywhere. I thought I'd use one to send a package that's going to weigh about 800gm with packaging, and some of those boxes can be kinda weighty to begin with, so just wanted to double-check I'll be able to keep it under 1kg. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I folded and weighed one for you.  110g. Cat Happy

When the music's over, turn out the lights ...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@digital*ghost wrote:

(Please and thank you 🙂 )

I mean the weight of the box by itself, as I don't have any on hand to check, and couldn't find the info online anywhere. I thought I'd use one to send a package that's going to weigh about 800gm with packaging, and some of those boxes can be kinda weighty to begin with, so just wanted to double-check I'll be able to keep it under 1kg. 

If you mean an Australia Post box it is better to call them. Otherwise there is no correct answer becuase its weight can vary depending on what cardbord it is made of.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I folded and weighed one for you.  110g. Cat Happy

When the music's over, turn out the lights ...
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks very much 🙂  Looks like I'll make it with about 50g to spare, give or take. 😄

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@ozstockman wrote:

If you mean an Australia Post box it is better to call them. Otherwise there is no correct answer becuase its weight can vary depending on what cardbord it is made of.

Do the weights often vary even on the same AP box sizes? It probably won't matter too much for me just now as I might send only a few parcels here and there (most of my items currently go as large letters), but I'm going to have to make a few changes I think when the stamp prices rise, if a priority letter over 250gm is going to cost $7.50 unregistered. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

It's always 110g - sneaky tip - if you cut of some bits of the inner flap you can save a very important 20g.Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

It's always 110g - sneaky tip - if you cut of some bits of the inner flap you can save a very important 20g.Smiley LOL

Sweet, I know only too well the difference a few grams can make. 😄 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@ozstockman wrote:

Do the weights often vary even on the same AP box sizes? It probably won't matter too much for me just now as I might send only a few parcels here and there (most of my items currently go as large letters), but I'm going to have to make a few changes I think when the stamp prices rise, if a priority letter over 250gm is going to cost $7.50 unregistered. 

If it is a specific AP BX1 box they use now it should have the same weight. I meant it could not be the same weight just for any Bx1 box. Bx1 is not a notation specific for AP. If you google or search ebay there is plenty of different Bx1 boxes made to slightly different sizes and from a different cardboard.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@ozstockman wrote:

If you google or search ebay there is plenty of different Bx1 boxes made to slightly different sizes and from a different cardboard.

So there is, 🙂 Sorry, I should have been more specific in the OP, but was under the impression BX1 was an AP code. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I got them to weigh one at the PO fairly recently and I'm pretty sure it was just under 100g but he said to allow 100g and I'd be pretty right.  I may be wrong.  I only mention it just in case the batch my PO got were marginally lighter.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply