How can a seller use pay on pick up as per policy?

go-tazz
Community Member

The Accepted payments policy still states:

Sellers who offer payment on pickup may include the following statement in their listings:

"Contact me for payment methods for paying on pickup."

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

So eBay aren't following their own "rules/policy" as how can a buyer pay on pick up if eBay wont let them

exchange contact details.

Apart from them being paranoid about sellers dealing off site it's also a brought in more revenue for PP.

Ultimately IMHO they are trying to push members to list pick up items on Gumtree so that it might increase in

size and volume.

I have a few items that are pick up only but I'll be listing them on FB,(cash in hand and no fees or sanctions

if either of us did something "wrong")good.gif

The last pick up item I had on this site I had to refund the PP payment as they couldn't pick up,(too far away).

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

wot.jpg

Is that sarcasm?     

Cos you'll have to do better than that.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Maybe eBay will provide the buyers with one of those stick-on tracking device thingies - they need to get tough with those members selling pickup items...................beat their botties raw (or worse) if they don't toe the line Stawks...................jpEbGg6.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Tougher than smacking botties, Padi    Image result for smiley smack bottom animated

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

You're naughty, but I like ya Stawks                       original.gif

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't include the words "contact me" on any listings now, no matter what comes after them. eBay's bots are too volatile and trigger happy.

Any form of contact seems to be out of the question but just saying to wait for an invoice after they have

gone through check out seems to be the only way for sellers to send their details as per eBay policy,Who knows.gif

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

It's funny how they are pushing for sellers to provide (their version of) top level customer service, and yet restrict the best methods for providing service. 

It's creating a bit of a "don't talk to me unless you've bought something" situation, which (IMHO) is the opposite of good customer service, and I feel like a jerk when I have to respond to certain messages and skirt around mentions of contact info, invoices etc, since I can't be explicit even when I'm trying to explain post-sale procedures.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Ebay removed an item that I put as payment on pickup only. I was told I had to offer paypal as an option. I did not want to do that after reading the boards about the problems with paypal payments on pick up items. Ebay said I had no choice as needed to put paypal on my listing? 

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

eBay's payment policy says you must offer at least one safe payment method, Paypal, merchant banking etc.

But how were you going to let the buyer know what the pick-up address was without them going through Paypal and the item shown as sold in eBay records?

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

Ebay removed an item that I put as payment on pickup only. I was told I had to offer paypal as an option. I did not want to do that after reading the boards about the problems with paypal payments on pick up items. Ebay said I had no choice as needed to put paypal on my listing? 

Paypal is actually the worst option for a seller as the buyer or the bank can institute a chargeback and the

seller will have no item and no money,(so in effect eBay gives them permission to steal for demanding that

the most unsafe payment method has to be accepted),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Then it's up to the seller to take action against the theft as they'll claim that it has nothing to do with them.

IMHO the only accepted payment option for pick up items should be cash or bank check after the item has

been inspected,good.gif

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

You can put Paypal as an acceptable form of payment in your listing, but you don't have to accept it for pickup items. If any of my buyers pay for a PU item (and I state cash on PU is 'preferable' in my listings), then I just refund it and explain I accept only cash on PU. 

As an aside, a couple of years ago, when I did just this on a $10 item, the buyer was so annoyed I got my first and last negative out of it. But back then there was no seller protection. for PU items, although I think this has changed.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply