How do I change or add self-hosted images on the new listing form?

Sorry to be ignorant, but I went away for two days, and there is now a new listing form in place.

I have always used existing listings, and "Sell A Similar Item" so I have a consistant template in place. I use self hosted images. On the new form I can't work out how to change my images. While it will let me "uplaod a web image", it will not allow me to list with a combination of web images and EPS images (whatever those are). So at this moment I can't actually list.

Any hints on how to actually use self hosted images on the new form.

With thanks for any assistance, Kevin

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EPS = EBay Picture Server.
You are correct in that a listing cannot have a mix of EPS and self hosted. Must be all one or the other.
We often use File Exchange to upload listings. When you do that all the images are self hosted.
Problem comes later on when you try to manually edit any listing images. If you add or edit all your self hosted images will be deleted and you have to add them all back by EPS again.
The other thing about using self hosted is that unless your server is very fast you will get very slow image load times. Not a good look for a buyer.
So there are some down sides to self hosting.
Others may have more to add on this
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have been using self hosted for images for 18 years or so with no real problems (other than panic if a server goes down once in a blue moon, which really doesn't happen these days).

The problem is that I can't work out how to lodge my self hosted picture on the new form, and if I upload EPS pictures it won't let me list because it deems that I am combining self hosted and EPs pictures even if I appear to remove the self-hosted images from the previous auction.

Thus at this moment I can't actually list on Ebay.

On the form it says I am allowed to have one self hosted image, but I can't find anywhere to put or change the URL.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

(other than panic if a server goes down once in a blue moon, which really doesn't happen these days).

Just in case that happens I use images n my computer for the main ebay pictures and user web hosted ones in the body of the description. That way if either goes pear shaped the viewer will still see something.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

" I use images n my computer for the main ebay pictures and user web hosted ones in the body of the description."

Hi Phorum Junkie,

I got a few listings up last night by starting from scratch, and set up in that way, but I could not set up any auctions by listing a similar item. I still can't work out how to apply a self hosted picture for the Gallery / top Picture, as I can not find any way to put the URL into the new listing form in spite of it saying I am able to list one picture that way.

Anyhow it was reassuring, after losing half a night of my normal listing time trying to adjust to unclear changes to the listing process, that the title of the first page when listing from scratch is “Selling Just got Easier”.

Hmmm, Kevin (who doesn't adjust well to change)

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply