How do I deal with rude staff at my local post office?

chezzy
Community Member

Hi folks

This is not the first time I have raised the issue but could not find the previous post.

I am in a situation where my local post office has rude/unfriendly staff. During weekdays I am limited to

this Post Office. No matter what day, what time - even during the quietest times - the staff there can

barely utter a friendly word, a smile or even a thankyou.

Regardless I try to be courteous and organized. Seems to make no difference.

This alone is putting me off selling on ebay. I can't get my head around it. I have had enough

and this week when one of them told me bluntly to move aside I told them there was

"no need to be rude and you are always rude". They did not even look at me or respond,

completely ignored me.

Am at the point where I would like to lodge a complaint but not sure where? This is not a stand alone

Post Office, it is an agency/newsagent combined. Who are they accountable/answerable to -

Australia Post or is there a district manager who oversees these places?

Any help would be appreciated!

In the meantime I am thinking of having one posting day (Saturdays) and travelling to another

Post Office. Because I am not keen to give a single cent to my local one with their attitude.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

The Australia Post counter is a subagency....whoever own the newsagent would be the first person to speak too....assuming they are not one of the rude people!

Message 2 of 74
Latest reply

There are 3 or 4 staff I have seen and they all have a similar manner.  Early in the piece (we moved to the area just

over a year ago) I thought I just got them on a 'bad day' and wanted to give things a chance. But no change, same

attitudes.

Message 3 of 74
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

There are 3 or 4 staff I have seen and they all have a similar manner.  Early in the piece (we moved to the area just

over a year ago) I thought I just got them on a 'bad day' and wanted to give things a chance. But no change, same

attitudes.

chezzy, I can't stand "Attitude". I certainly would ask to speak to the Managereven if it's one of the rude Tools. Tell him / Her what the problem is and why the Negativity. If things dont change, take your Business elsewhere. It may be more difficult, but it may be worth it in the long run. 

Message 4 of 74
Latest reply

I had thought about sliding a letter under their door so they can read it before they are serving customers.

At the moment I just don't want to see any of them. Which is impacting my motivation to sell. I had hoped

there might be someone who oversees these agencies, that I could report the issue to. If I go the way of

a general Australia Post complaint it might just get lost in a sea of a million complaints 😜

Message 5 of 74
Latest reply

I agree, take your business elsewhere. I use a licenced Post Office (Kings Langley, NSW) and they are the most helpful.Operated by husband and wife team with 1 or 2 staff during the week and their son on Saturday mornings.

So look around for alternative post office that want your business.

Message 6 of 74
Latest reply

Is there a reason that they asked you to move aside?

If I was treated as you say I would walk in with an armfull of letters for them to weigh up themselves and put stamps on. Better yet put $1.30 of stamps on each letter and say your not sure if you have the correct postage. And then when you pay stuff up the pin number on the eftpos a few times. I would feel bad about the other people waiting though.

Message 7 of 74
Latest reply

I would invest in a packet of suppositories

wait till the shops full when it's your turn at the counter

say" don"t know what's up your ar$e but I think you could all do with some of these "

and throw them on the counter

go back the next time as happy as larry and see what kind of a response you get

you will be very surprised

that's extreme but rude people and bullys behave much more civilized if they are put in their place

Message 8 of 74
Latest reply

I was told to move aside as they wanted to serve the person behind me.

It was the way they said it that concerned me but it is NOT the first time

I have copped these attitudes from postal staff.

I wish I had items I could just pop in street boxes. But mostly it will be

parcels that need to be scanned or registered items etc.

So I think I am just going to have to change the way I do things

and go to a different post office and make Saturday my mailing day.

Pity.

Message 9 of 74
Latest reply

Opmania - that is not my style but I appreciate the giggle and the visual!

Message 10 of 74
Latest reply