How do I deal with rude staff at my local post office?

chezzy
Community Member

Hi folks

This is not the first time I have raised the issue but could not find the previous post.

I am in a situation where my local post office has rude/unfriendly staff. During weekdays I am limited to

this Post Office. No matter what day, what time - even during the quietest times - the staff there can

barely utter a friendly word, a smile or even a thankyou.

Regardless I try to be courteous and organized. Seems to make no difference.

This alone is putting me off selling on ebay. I can't get my head around it. I have had enough

and this week when one of them told me bluntly to move aside I told them there was

"no need to be rude and you are always rude". They did not even look at me or respond,

completely ignored me.

Am at the point where I would like to lodge a complaint but not sure where? This is not a stand alone

Post Office, it is an agency/newsagent combined. Who are they accountable/answerable to -

Australia Post or is there a district manager who oversees these places?

Any help would be appreciated!

In the meantime I am thinking of having one posting day (Saturdays) and travelling to another

Post Office. Because I am not keen to give a single cent to my local one with their attitude.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

@stampingpaws wrote:

I agree, take your business elsewhere. I use a licenced Post Office (Kings Langley, NSW) and they are the most helpful.Operated by husband and wife team with 1 or 2 staff during the week and their son on Saturday mornings.

So look around for alternative post office that want your business.

Yes, my 'old' Post Office was wonderful, similar situation with a husband and wife team. I think they had even won some awards.

They went above and beyond. Thumbs up to these teams - the world needs more like this!

Message 11 of 74
Latest reply

well i thought you probably wouldnt but at least it would make you laugh

Message 12 of 74
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

I was told to move aside as they wanted to serve the person behind me.

It was the way they said it that concerned me but it is NOT the first time

I have copped these attitudes from postal staff.

I wish I had items I could just pop in street boxes. But mostly it will be

parcels that need to be scanned or registered items etc.

So I think I am just going to have to change the way I do things

and go to a different post office and make Saturday my mailing day.

Pity.

I have found that they don"t appreciate huge armfuls of satchels when it;s busy so I go around 11.00 or 3.00 which seems to be

the quiet times

Message 13 of 74
Latest reply

Believe me I ALWAYS go when it is quiet, in fact sometimes I stand outside and peek in to assess the situation and then

go in when they don't seem busy. It makes NO difference. I get the impression I was put on this earth to make their

life miserable (based on facial expressions and attitude).

And I only ever have one or two items, never an armful

Message 14 of 74
Latest reply

you shouldn't take it so personal

if these people are so rude then they are probably the same to everyone not just you

forget about them

go in post your parcels and leave dont try so hard it's not worth worrying about

Message 15 of 74
Latest reply

@opmania wrote:

you shouldn't take it so personal

if these people are so rude then they are probably the same to everyone not just you

forget about them

go in post your parcels and leave dont try so hard it's not worth worrying about

If there is no official complaints process in place for these Australia Post 'agencies' then I will simply take my business

elsewhere. Of course they wouldn't know or even care but I'd prefer to direct my money elsewhere. If this has to change

to once a week then so be it. I will simply have to inform buyers of potential delays when I write the description.

Message 16 of 74
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
first point of call is this page

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/complaints-and-feedback.html

from what i understand all LPOs are answerable to Australia Post and any complaints need to go to them
Message 17 of 74
Latest reply

there does seem to be quite a few sellers that state in their description

that they only post once a week or monday etc so that is ok to do that although I usually try to post the next day

or at the most the day the money clears

Message 18 of 74
Latest reply

I am not in a position where I can post quickly, I generally try to do so within a couple of days though but I do still

mention in my listings that I aim to post a couple times a week.

Now I am going to have to change that to maybe once a week on a Saturday

and ask potential buyers to contact me if they need anything clarified.

I am just a casual seller so that will work best for me I suppose. If I sold

more often or greater quantities I could probably arrange a pick up service

with Australia Post.

Message 19 of 74
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

Believe me I ALWAYS go when it is quiet, in fact sometimes I stand outside and peek in to assess the situation and then

go in when they don't seem busy. It makes NO difference. I get the impression I was put on this earth to make their

life miserable (based on facial expressions and attitude).

And I only ever have one or two items, never an armful

Maybe try and use some Reverse Phycology on them. When they get Uppity again with you and Your Business, say "What time would be best for You to serve me without disrupting you too much"  Throw the Ball back into their Court. 🙂 

Message 20 of 74
Latest reply