How do I flag a trade as NOT POSITIVE without actually reporting the buyer?

damwar1
Community Member

My winning bidder arrived to collect my item and told me she didn't want to pay the winning bid amount (even after having been to view the item prior to auction) . We had even disassembled the furniture for her and loaded it in her vehicle. Ultimately she did pay - but it was not a POSITIVE experience. This doesn't appear to be reportable - but I dont want to leave positive feedback - any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One thing you'll learn is this place brings them out of the wood work.  

Jut move on, forget it.  If you dwell on it, it gets you nowhere.

What goes around comes around.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

She paid and that is all that matters.

You do not have to leave any feedback at all as it is NOT mandatory only voluntary.

Just enjoy the money and move on

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Don't leave any feedback at all.  You can only leave positive but if it was not a positive experience then you should leave none at all.

There is nothing to report the buyer for....at the end of the day they paid and took the item.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

If I was not happy with the situation, I would tell them to go someplace not nice. You took their money.......Under ebays system there are no bad buyers.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

One thing you'll learn is this place brings them out of the wood work.  

Jut move on, forget it.  If you dwell on it, it gets you nowhere.

What goes around comes around.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Leave no feedback at all . Or mark it positive as they did pay and pick up - and state buyer buyer tried to negioate price on pickup. Its factual and truthful.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@medalsbadgespatches wrote:

Leave no feedback at all . Or mark it positive as they did pay and pick up - and state buyer buyer tried to negioate price on pickup. Its factual and truthful.

and will probably lead to you getting a neg in return which may impact on your sales if you get more red dots. 99.9% of members are not going to read any comment you leave so all you would have done is add to their score.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Leave feedback (within ebays rules) and then reply to the feedback you left with the details including the user ID, ebay stated to me directly that it is allowed and is not a false positive, in fact it is a positive. It was the only suggestion they had regarding such things, that I could reply to their feedback or leave a follow-up comment stating the facts.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
You can leave a positive and reply to your own feedback with negative. But the buyer can also leave a neg, and also reply to you.

Ultimately they arrived, and paid the item price and left. Unless they were aggressive or *extremely* unpleasant, then the transaction went as planned. They havent actually done anything to you.

You can always put them on your block list as well.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

The buyer was trying it on (to get a lower price) she failed, you won - you got paid the right amount,  the item  has gone to a new home.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply