How do I see who's marking my DSR down on postage?

One or two buyers don't seem to understand the true cost of postage. Especially now that the cost of insurance is not indicated on packages. Apparently I'm able to see who's been marking down my DSR on postage -- does anyone know how? Like most things on eBay it's completely unintuitive.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Go to your seller dashboard and click on detailed seller ratings report

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Or in my post hahaha

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

yeah that.gif 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Or in my post hahaha

hahaha indeed.

Your way gives the raw numbers, not who left the less than perfect ratings.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

OK good to know that Woman Embarassed

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks everyone, but I still don't get it... .looks like an excercise in advanced calculus to deduce who is leaving what DSRs!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@kustomizer99 wrote:

One or two buyers don't seem to understand the true cost of postage. Especially now that the cost of insurance is not indicated on packages. Apparently I'm able to see who's been marking down my DSR on postage -- does anyone know how? Like most things on eBay it's completely unintuitive.

I sold in the days before detailed ratings were shown but I would have been like you & curious to see who exactly was marking me down.

Is it just curiosity though or do you have  a lot of repeat customers?

The way I see it, a lot of buyers never will understand the true cost of postage. Even if you charged the exact to the cent cost of the postage, which they could see on the parcel, some of them would still whinge because in their eyes, that's a lot to pay & they resent it.

Never mind you would be out of pocket in ebay fees & wrapping costs etc.

If you have a few buyers who are marking you down unfairly, maybe you need to work around it. You can't change buyers, but perhaps you could make some items a total price with 'free postage' so they don't see the broken down prices. Or you could up the price of some items a bit to cover the costs of insurance, wrapping  & ebay fees, then charge just the postage costs so most buyers who compare don't see any discrepancy.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@kustomizer99 wrote:

Thanks everyone, but I still don't get it... .looks like an excercise in advanced calculus to deduce who is leaving what DSRs!

It's not as hard as it sounds.  Once you've found ten people who've left you 5's, all you need to do is add one more item number to the report and see it they left less than 5.  If you're selling thousands of items it wouldn't be worth the effort but it's quite easy to do if you only sell a few hundred items a year.  Once you find who's left you less than 5 you revert back to the report with all 5's and then add another item number to check what you were left for it.

I've found that if you ask a bit more than actual post cost you get marked down for postage less often than if you ask less than actual cost.  I've seen this happen ever since I joined ebay so on one ID I added extra onto postage to self-insure, and I rarely get marked down on that one.  

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply