How do I stop a buyer from contacting me?

I have read here that you can stop a buyer from contacting you. How do I go about this? I cannot find anything on the blocked Bidder page and I have a buyer whose non-payment case is closed, and who is on my BB list, who keeps contacting me.

I would be most appreciative of some help. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Same place as putting blocks in place, BBL.

You tick the box to block communication as well.

But if you have already done so, it takes some time to take effect as you have been in a transaction with this member.

Just ignore messages and don't open them.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Select account, then site prefs.

To the right of buyer requirements select edit.

Scroll to the bottom and you will see "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me"

But as said because you have recently been in a transaction, it takes time to take effect.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Same place as putting blocks in place, BBL.

You tick the box to block communication as well.

But if you have already done so, it takes some time to take effect as you have been in a transaction with this member.

Just ignore messages and don't open them.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Why are they contacting you? Is it because they now want to make payment and get the strike removed? I have had that happen a couple of times and I just tell them that payment is no longer available through Paypal so if they wish to pay by bank deposit they are more than welcome and that I will then ask ebay to remove the strike.  Buyer happy, ebay happy, I'm happy as I have the payment with no Paypal fees.

As for contacting you even if you find and tick the option to stop them mailing you it doesn't stop them sending messages by way of your feedback page so my advice is just to not open and read then and then they are only wasitng their own time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies. I cannot find a box to tick on the blocked bidder page where I have already blocked her. I thought she could not leave a message on the feedback page after I had blocked her anyway.

She says her internet was down (for 8 days) and she now wants to pay within 24 hours but Ebay wont let her. I have not replied but I dont want any more messages.

Where is the box to tick so she wont contact me again please?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Select account, then site prefs.

To the right of buyer requirements select edit.

Scroll to the bottom and you will see "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me"

But as said because you have recently been in a transaction, it takes time to take effect.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks to each of you for the help. The dont contact me box was already ticked when i found it so dont know why she was able to contact me. I will just ignore messages from now on. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply