How do i end a auction early

Had items advertised elsewhere and they sold how do i end my auctions  early

I think it should be possiable anything could happen between start and finish

Phil

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

In your selling list and to the right of item is a small drop down menu.

Select end item.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

You do realise that it is against ebay policy to list items that are advertised for sale elsewhere don''t you? Probably not a good idea to come to the boards announcing that you are happy to breach ebay's rules.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

You do realise that it is against ebay policy to list items that are advertised for sale elsewhere don''t you? Probably not a good idea to come to the boards announcing that you are happy to breach ebay's rules.

didn't eBay drop that policy long ago ???

as I understand it, such exclusivity of selling wares, is actually in opposition to Australian consumer law in the context of eBays role as a service provider

lol makes me chuckle given suppliers such as Target Good Guys etc sell their wares on multiple channels and from multiple outlets, and can be fully stocked one minute and out of stock the next

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@imastawka wrote:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/end_early.html#requirements

so no policy breach and no restrictions on listing elsewhere, but listing fee may be charged depending on frequency of ending auctionearly. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

No fee if there's no bids.

OP has had no bids   (and I'm not surprised)

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

My post related to claim that it was a policy breach to list a sellers goods elsewhere.

I imagine that the OP upped their price as they did not know how to end listing early.

Best for everyone that they did IMO.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I don't think they enforce the 'selling elsewhere' anymore

There was a thread about it, last year I think, and no-one could find the policy

It was decided (here) that the policy no longer exists, if it couldn't be found

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I think you can end 1 with bids but after that they threaten to charge you the fvf. Not sure if they actually do or not as I've only ended one with bids that I didn't sell to the highest bidder (major errors so I sent the bidder a message explaining and they rebid after I relisted). I had a warning come up basically telling me not to make a habit of it or else.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply