How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???

How do so many Australian sellers ship for so cheap? They sell items that will not fit in a letter (thicker than 20mm) for way cheaper than the cheapest Australia post contract parcel rates.

For example, search ebay for "USB car charger", select "Australia Only" in location, and there are heaps of people selling chargers (including shipping) between $2.50 and $4.00. HOW DO THEY DO IT?? Do they just sent it in a letter, and hope no one checks it is thicker than 20mm? All those items are way thicker than 20mm
Message 1 of 204
Latest reply
203 REPLIES 203

There has been discussion on that 'Australia only' button just recently

It really means that the seller ships to Australia, I believe.

Someone will correct that if I'm wrong

Message 61 of 204
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

How is this unrelated

I explained how it was unrelated fairly succinctly (in the same post) after the statement that it was unrelated...

I'll be a little more thorough.

The post by lyndal - which you quoted and responded to - was in response to someone who simply asked how they can know how much an item cost the seller to post (there was no implication the seller used an incorrect service to send).

Check your post - you can follow the trail by clicking "in reply to" link on the post, as it will take you to the post you replied to, and then doing the same on lyndal's post will take you to the reply lyndal was answering.

Davewil was also talking about the notion of asking a seller how much an item cost to post, just because the buyer wants to know, for whatever reason, thus you were responding to people talking about one thing by talking about something else.

That's how it was unrelated. 

Message 62 of 204
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

There has been discussion on that 'Australia only' button just recently

It really means that the seller ships to Australia, I believe.

Someone will correct that if I'm wrong

Australia Only means it should be actaually be in Australia and being sold on Ebay Aus. The default setting means sold on Australia ebay in AU$ worldwide in any currency

Message 63 of 204
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

How is this unrelated

I explained how it was unrelated fairly succinctly (in the same post) after the statement that it was unrelated...

I'll be a little more thorough.

The post by lyndal - which you quoted and responded to - was in response to someone how simply asked how they can know how much an item cost the seller to post (there was no implication the seller used an incorrect service to send).

Check your post - you can follow the trail by clicking "in reply to" link on the post, as it will take you to the post you replied to, and then doing the same on lyndal's post will take you to the reply lyndal was answering.

Davewil was also talking about the notion of asking a seller how much an item cost to post, just because the buyer wants to know, for whatever reason, thus you were responding to people talking about one thing by talking about something else.

That's how it was unrelated. 

Just because you spout of some BS does not mean you have explained anything. This thread is about who some sellers are selling things that should be sent as a parcel which is what my posts are about I will ask again nice and slowly this time how is my post unrelated. The fact I replied to others that have posted things that are not facts has NOTHING to do with the original post.

Maybe you should take some time to read what you are posting because it has NOTHING to do with the OP it is just you going blah blah blah.

Don't try and detract from the original post by trying, badly, to imply my posts are unrelated and if you do at least have a point don't just post BS and hope because it is written it is truth

Message 64 of 204
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Australia Only means it should be actaually be in Australia and being sold on Ebay Aus. The default setting means sold on Australia ebay in AU$ worldwide in any currency

There is your problem. When you use the word 'should' it tends to reflect your world view rather than reality. What you think 'should' be done is rarely the way things actually are and you have to work with what is there rather than what you want it to be.

Latest reply

@maranock wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

There is your problem. When you use the word 'should' it tends to reflect your world view rather than reality. What you think 'should' be done is rarely the way things actually are and you have to work with what is there rather than what you want it to be.

PMSLOL looks like I have kicked the troll bin today.. I said SHOULD because the fact is sometime either sellers are misusing the system or their is a glitch. The FACTS are when the Australia Only radio box is clicked the items WILL be in Australia unless something goes wrong it has NOTHING to do with what I WANT but you are such a sweet little troll so I will let that go.

Message 66 of 204
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Just because you spout of some BS does not mean you have explained anything. This thread is about who some sellers are selling things that should be sent as a parcel which is what my posts are about I will ask again nice and slowly this time how is my post unrelated. The fact I replied to others that have posted things that are not facts has NOTHING to do with the original post.

Maybe you should take some time to read what you are posting because it has NOTHING to do with the OP it is just you going blah blah blah.

Don't try and detract from the original post by trying, badly, to imply my posts are unrelated and if you do at least have a point don't just post BS and hope because it is written it is truth

Well.... Aren't you just a peachy person, with a generous helping of keen. Smiley LOL

The whole point of my post was to point out to you that you were responding to people who posted replies that didn't have anything to do with the original post. They weren't talking about the OP, you were.... I hope that actually makes things clear now, but if not, I'll just add two things:

1. Sorry, but all your reply amounts to is "you're posting BS", but anyone with a modicum of logic can clearly see I went to great lengths not only to explain what I was saying, but pointed to specific posts to substantiate what I was saying. You've done neither, just decided to reject my points in their entirety, for whatever reason you deem fit, I suppose. No matter, it doesn't bother me if you opt not to pay attention to what I've said.
  2. Good luck with your selling career. I hope you don't respond to buyers like this when you misunderstand what they're trying to communicate to you. 
Message 67 of 204
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Well.... Aren't you just a peachy person, with a generous helping of keen. Smiley LOL

The whole point of my post was to point out to you that you were responding to people who posted replies that didn't have anything to do with the original post. They weren't talking about the OP, you were.... I hope that actually makes things clear now, but if not, I'll just add two things:

1. Sorry, but all your reply amounts to is "you're posting BS", but anyone with a modicum of logic can clearly see I went to great lengths not only to explain what I was saying, but pointed to specific posts to substantiate what I was saying. You've done neither, just decided to reject my points in their entirety, for whatever reason you deem fit, I suppose. No matter, it doesn't bother me if you opt not to pay attention to what I've said.
  2. Good luck with your selling career. I hope you don't respond to buyers like this when you misunderstand what they're trying to communicate to you. 

Once again a lot of blah blah blah that has nothing to do with anything. Serious just because you post it on the internet does not make it facts. I did NOT reject your points you have no points.

I do not need luck in my selling career I have been selling most of my life and ALWAYS do well. I can see why you THINK selling requires luck though.

Message 68 of 204
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Once again a lot of blah blah blah that has nothing to do with anything. Serious just because you post it on the internet does not make it facts. I did NOT reject your points you have no points.

Ok, let's try another tactic.

What did I claim as fact?

Message 69 of 204
Latest reply

It's not even a full moon.

And Halloween was last week!

gone.gifI'm gone..........................................

Message 70 of 204
Latest reply