How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???

How do so many Australian sellers ship for so cheap? They sell items that will not fit in a letter (thicker than 20mm) for way cheaper than the cheapest Australia post contract parcel rates.

For example, search ebay for "USB car charger", select "Australia Only" in location, and there are heaps of people selling chargers (including shipping) between $2.50 and $4.00. HOW DO THEY DO IT?? Do they just sent it in a letter, and hope no one checks it is thicker than 20mm? All those items are way thicker than 20mm
Message 1 of 204
Latest reply
203 REPLIES 203

eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

image host
Message 71 of 204
Latest reply

Wow...................................willy_nilly.gif

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

G'day Kopes n Stalks, Muskies all............................hahahaha

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 72 of 204
Latest reply

popcorn.gif    wots happenin'?

Message 73 of 204
Latest reply

Not much just the same old, same old with the Muskies having a break...........................

A bit dirty here I'd best get the cleaning stuff out I guess........sigh.

To get back on topic, dropshipping, old unused stamps off eBay and business franking machines for a few.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 74 of 204
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Just because you spout of some BS does not mean you have explained anything. This thread is about who some sellers are selling things that should be sent as a parcel which is what my posts are about I will ask again nice and slowly this time how is my post unrelated. The fact I replied to others that have posted things that are not facts has NOTHING to do with the original post.

Maybe you should take some time to read what you are posting because it has NOTHING to do with the OP it is just you going blah blah blah.

Don't try and detract from the original post by trying, badly, to imply my posts are unrelated and if you do at least have a point don't just post BS and hope because it is written it is truth

Well.... Aren't you just a peachy person, with a generous helping of keen. Smiley LOL

The whole point of my post was to point out to you that you were responding to people who posted replies that didn't have anything to do with the original post. They weren't talking about the OP, you were.... I hope that actually makes things clear now, but if not, I'll just add two things:

1. Sorry, but all your reply amounts to is "you're posting BS", but anyone with a modicum of logic can clearly see I went to great lengths not only to explain what I was saying, but pointed to specific posts to substantiate what I was saying. You've done neither, just decided to reject my points in their entirety, for whatever reason you deem fit, I suppose. No matter, it doesn't bother me if you opt not to pay attention to what I've said.
  2. Good luck with your selling career. I hope you don't respond to buyers like this when you misunderstand what they're trying to communicate to you. 

Once again a lot of blah blah blah that has nothing to do with anything. Serious just because you post it on the internet does not make it facts. I did NOT reject your points you have no points.

I do not need luck in my selling career I have been selling most of my life and ALWAYS do well. I can see why you THINK selling requires luck though.

Or logical, as you have thoroughly demonstrated.

Message 75 of 204
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Australia Only means it should be actaually be in Australia and being sold on Ebay Aus. The default setting means sold on Australia ebay in AU$ worldwide in any currency

The Australia only option means the seller only posts to Australia. If the Chinese seller only posts to Australia and no other country in the world, their listings will show up and their items will usually be shipped from China. If a US seller only posts to Australia and no other country in the world, their listings will show up and their items will usually be shipped from the US. If an Australian seller only posts to Australia and no other country in the world, their listings will show up.

If an Australian seller sells to any international location, their listings will NOT show up, even though they post to Australia as well.

Message 76 of 204
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Australia Only means it should be actaually be in Australia and being sold on Ebay Aus. The default setting means sold on Australia ebay in AU$ worldwide in any currency

The Australia only option means the seller only posts to Australia. If the Chinese seller only posts to Australia and no other country in the world, their listings will show up and their items will usually be shipped from China. If a US seller only posts to Australia and no other country in the world, their listings will show up and their items will usually be shipped from the US. If an Australian seller only posts to Australia and no other country in the world, their listings will show up.

If an Australian seller sells to any international location, their listings will NOT show up, even though they post to Australia as well.

Damn that explanation makes sense I will have to be in the unsure section ATM I have been looking and was believing 'Australia Only' meant the item was physically in Australia found it hard to find any real answer on Ebay only thing I found was http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/find/contextual/search-item-location.html which does say 'AU Only – This search shows only items that are physically located in the Australia' but that could be aimed at advanced search and the search beside the listing could possibly be different.

I have found sellers from China (even though not many) in the listings when the Australia Only radio button is checked and your explanation would explain that but it could also be a glitch or sellers using some way around it. May have to contact CS on this one then

Message 77 of 204
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Damn that explanation makes sense I will have to be in the unsure section ATM I have been looking and was believing 'Australia Only' meant the item was physically in Australia found it hard to find any real answer on Ebay only thing I found was http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/find/contextual/search-item-location.html which does say 'AU Only – This search shows only items that are physically located in the Australia' but that could be aimed at advanced search and the search beside the listing could possibly be different.

I have found sellers from China (even though not many) in the listings when the Australia Only radio button is checked and your explanation would explain that but it could also be a glitch or sellers using some way around it. May have to contact CS on this one then

Why do you find it so difficult to accept that the regular posters here with years of experience of answering on the boards just might know what they are talking about?

And just so you know......CS usually knows less than the regulars here.....it has been proved time and time again.

Message 78 of 204
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Why do you find it so difficult to accept that the regular posters here with years of experience of answering on the boards just might know what they are talking about?

And just so you know......CS usually knows less than the regulars here.....it has been proved time and time again.

Can you read? where do I say I have a problem believing them?

Don't get mad just because I said you are wrong to say people should not question how things work. Before you start going on about things like loss leader or bulk posting I have been actually buying items to actually see how they are posted and you are way off the mark. Just because you do not want to believe people are selling dishonestly on Ebay does not mean it is not happening and to tell people it is basically none of their bussiness is at least extremely rude. 

Message 79 of 204
Latest reply

A bit of advice to you newdeals:

“Replacing rudeness and impatience with the Golden Rule may not change the world, but it will change your world and your relationships.”
Steve Shallenberger,

Latest reply