How long normaly does a bank deposit take to show up in your account

i seem to be having problems with a buyer 2 weeks ago they purchased 3 items from me  , i had emailed them and asked  if they still wanted them after  5 gays , i waited for 3 days no reply, so last thursday i opened up a non payer dispute and on friday i got an email from them stating they had been away said how they had forgot their paypal password ect. and would be home and pay that night, well no payment then on sunday  they  have marked payment as sent through bank  deposit. well i checked my account this morning and nothing.

so how long is normal for a bank deposit to show or are they  just mucking me around.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

It usually takes one or two business days.

It's immediate if it's from the same bank.

I use ANZ and payments made during weekend won't show up before 10:30 am. Sometimes it shows up before lunch time, sometimes it shows up late afternoon. Sometimes it shows up Tuesday.

I think it depends on which bank you use and buyers use.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

If they did a bank transfer on Sunday then you should probably give it until Thursday, just to be sure. The longest transfers seem to come from credit unions.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

most appear in one buisness day, if paid into the account by the person at any branch of your bank it can appear instantly and will say "front office" next day the info will appear.

some on these boards have said up to 3 days if from certain building socities.

give them a few days in case they are telling the truth.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your replies,  tis appreciated.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I personally think they're stringing you along.. If they forgot their PayPal password it's easy enough to reset it from wherever you are.. I've forgotten my PayPal password a few times, but It takes about 5 mins to reset.

It can sometimes take 3 days if using Internet Bank Transfer and they have their account at a different bank. Usually overnight as my previous boss deposited money into my account on Tuesday but wouldn't be in my account until the next day, but if you walk into the branch and deposit it I'm pretty sure it's instant..

If you both have Commonwealth accounts a Netbank transfer will take 1 day as it's a new account.. I know this for sure as I have a Commonwealth account

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I think it depends which bank or building sociaty.  I have recently had DD take 8 days (6 working days).

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

just wanted to say thankyou for all reply's, the buyers payment  has shown in my account this morning, finally after 2and a half weeks of being mucked around.  so thanks everyone

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

So after 2 whole days the payment appeared and the buyer has no protection and is relying on your honesty to send the item.

You are at no risk of a Paypal dispute, no risk of a CC chargeback, no risk at all.

So post it and hope the buyer doesn't come here, as that would likely result in a neg.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

?:|  Why are you slamming the seller??

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply