How many drafts can I save? I have seen many varying answers. At present I have 20 drafts saved. Wha

How many drafts can I save? I have seen many varying answers. At present I have 20 drafts saved. What is the limit? I would like to save drafts of the 40 I list each month so I can list them on the first of the month.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How many drafts can I save? I have seen many varying answers. At present I have 20 drafts saved. Wha

Final report. I was able to schedule 37 or so items without having to pay a fee. ALSO: When opening my drafts in order to schedule them I discovered that although eBay showed me as having 20 saved drafts, all the others appeared as I went about scheduling them. In other words, eBay may show a maximum of 20 drafts, you can really save a lot more even though you can't see them.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Why don't you schedule them to start on the first of the month rather than save them as drafts? I know some people are wary of this in case they start early and you pay fees, but I've never had a problem with it. You can schedule up to 3 weeks ahead but if you need longer than that you can just reschedule them later (you can do them all in bulk).
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Isn't there a fee for scheduling? I am too mean to pay extra when I can save draftes for free.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I didn't think you could save so many drafts before they overwrite the earlier but things could have changed.

Or are you perhaps referring to templates which is different and as far as I know you can store many more templates.

Scheduled - 0.40c but only in some categories.

Fees - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/fees.html

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Edit to note Kopes bet me to it Cat Happy

Scheduling fees now only apply to some categories

From site map

These fees apply if you select optional listing upgrades.

Feature

No Store

Store subscribers

Subtitle

$2.00

Add Buy It Now to an auction

FREE*

$0.50

Scheduled listings

$0.40 for listings in these categories:

• Trucks, Commercial Vehicles (6049)

• Boats (26429)

• Cars (29690)

• Motorcycles (32073)

• Caravans, Motorhomes (32633)

• Aircraft (63676)

• Flights (3253)

• Tickets (1305)

• Travel (3252)

• Vouchers

• Gift Certificates (172008)

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Last week I thought I had saved 30+ drafts but I see now that I have 20. I guess that once past 20 the earliest drafts are replace by the new ones. It's a shame there isn't any way of knowing this before one starts as I appear to have wasted an awful lot of time preparing listings which have ceased to exit. I looked up scheduling fees for music and found it to be 20c per listing. Once upon a time I could schedule listings for free via Auction Splash, but that has ceased to exist.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I use scheduling all the time and don't pay, but I don't do it in Music.

I have a friend who used to do a lot in drafts and she said you can do more than 20 at a time, but you only see the last 20 you did.  Once you set them going the rest will appear.  In other words, if you've got 30 in drafts, you'll only see 20 and 10 will be invisible, but once you set 5 of the 20 going you'll see five of the ones that were previously hidden, and only 5 will be hidden.  That was a while ago though so it may have changed. What I'm trying to say is that you may still have 30 drafts but you just can't see the earliest 10.

Why don't you try scheduling something and see whether it shows as there being a fee on the second page before you confirm the listing?  If you've got no free listings available it may show a fee even if you're not charged when they start next month from your 40.

Have you checked your All Selling page to see if you got the current 500 extra free listings, available until tomorrow night?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@michael_cullis wrote:

Last week I thought I had saved 30+ drafts but I see now that I have 20. I guess that once past 20 the earliest drafts are replace by the new ones. It's a shame there isn't any way of knowing this before one starts as I appear to have wasted an awful lot of time preparing listings which have ceased to exit. I looked up scheduling fees for music and found it to be 20c per listing. Once upon a time I could schedule listings for free via Auction Splash, but that has ceased to exist.

Where did you look it up ?   It doesn't appear to be one of the categories where a fee is charged ?

Have you tried to schedule one of your listings, before you send it live, look at the fee breakdown there should be $0 fees for selling.

I just did it with a listing I put under the music category and there was $0 fee for scheduling.

New Picture.jpg

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@michael_cullis wrote:

How many drafts can I save? I have seen many varying answers. At present I have 20 drafts saved. What is the limit? I would like to save drafts of the 40 I list each month so I can list them on the first of the month.

Why not just relist them from unsold. They sit there for 60 days and all you need is a couple of clicks to relist.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I have hundreds of listings saved in Turbo Lister.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply