How's your sales in the last Month

I don't know how much longer I will be selling, my sales in the last month are down 75%.  I have never had this happen! I was wondering is it just my shop or other's are also seeing the decline?

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Last billing month, 16 Mar - 15 April was double same month last year and better than all except Xmas months in the last 2 years.

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

@retrovintagecollectables3195 wrote:

I don't know how much longer I will be selling, my sales in the last month are down 75%.  I have never had this happen! I was wondering is it just my shop or other's are also seeing the decline?

As of right now, over the last 60 days, I am down about half? And in fact, my first sale of this month was today!!!!!!! Yet to be paid yet, so even that may fall through, but first sale on the 20th is unheard of, often get a surge at the start and end of months. I do concede that my category is a luxury item in tough times, but I know people are buying, just not on eBay it seems?

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

Retro - I think a lot has to do with the segment of the market we either specialize in, or target. I know that in my own niche market, my sales have slumped drastically - thankfully for me, it's only pocket money.

I also know that most of my purchases in the same market are undertaken with other websites - as I'm sick of trawling through pages and pages of cheap asian carp - to find that one gem, which thanks to ebay's fee structure, is often more expensive on ebay than elsewhere!

Yes...there are those who are doing well, but I'd say it's more due to diversification, or selling what buyers are actually seeking, (impulse buys?), rather than selling what we know and have specialized in...

And yes, it IS a shame, as ebay has been a great source of pocket money and offloading unwanted items now, for over 14 years for me!

Sadly, I don't think it will remain as commercially viable for too much longer.

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

I had a fantstic Jan and Feb, but it all went down hill from there.  i didn't think it would go down this much!:(

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

Totally believe in throttling now.

I went down to less than 20% turnover over night, no questions, not even silly offers. That lasted 4 weeks then lights came back on and I am back as before. I did nothing different. That is not external factors such as economy or change in trends. Only way that can happen is deliberate interference.

So hopefully if you are in the dark it may turn around just as quick..

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

my sales are down 75% for the past month i get a batch of 2 sales then nothing,I have never seen it like this, don't know if ebay is doing something but this is just not fair 

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

I am only a hobby seller but traffic appears to have picked up in the last 2 weeks.

Had some nice sales and watchers have increased dramatically. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

@retrovintagecollectables3195 wrote:

retro I share your pain, my sales have TANKED in the last couple of months........miserable pitiful sales numbers. I am only a hobby Seller and its just as well.

Oh and to top it off I just got a message from a Buyer after I reduced some of my prices all the message said and I quote

" Whats the lowest you will go?" ....end quote, no hello kiss my a$$ nuttin!

ebay is losing its lustre for me......... FAST Man Frustrated

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

Thanks...but if my goods don't sell, I really don't give a rat's.

Ebay is just a hobby - and like many hobbies before, it can lose favour if needs be.

I'm just glad I never took the plunge a few years ago to undertake it full time - of course, if I was an asian importer, things might be drastically different!

Don't get me wrong - I love asian people in general - I just despise the way ebay is so sycophantic to their every whim - and at the expense of those of us who helped get ebay to the point it is now...

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply