How's your sales in the last Month

I don't know how much longer I will be selling, my sales in the last month are down 75%.  I have never had this happen! I was wondering is it just my shop or other's are also seeing the decline?

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

saarzi
Community Member

My sales are down 50% on last month.

In terms of business, 50% defies all logic and statistics.

50% down in ANY business in the real world, and youd be very much out of business.

Just a measly 5% swing on the stock market, and a business is required to answer a "please explain" letter from the ASX.

Ive sold almost nothing in the past two weeks. Today Ive sold 10 items (already).

Ebay is throttling again.  It seems to get worse the more big brands / large companies they get on board, which has increased massively in the last 6 months or so.

Message 21 of 49
Latest reply

Probably going to end up about 50% down on last month too - although we are going through an extensive stocktake and relisting exercise as we prepare for the winter season. 

Message 22 of 49
Latest reply

lol

Dont forget, Paypal now offers free return shipping and has

now also offering free international return shipping......

Message 23 of 49
Latest reply

The first months of this year have been pathetic 😞      I've tried everything, it's never been like this in the 10 years I've been selling.

But hang on .....the second half of April has me feeling a lot more optimistic and seems to be picking up gradually   ... I'm hoping I've turned the corner.

If we intend to stick with it, all we can do is hold on and hope for the best    good luck !!

Like the little beavers  ... 'Keep on keeping on'       I can't offer any more than this.

Message 24 of 49
Latest reply

I hope so too!! Thanks all for responding.  I feel the support, and I am hoping for a turn around for all of us!

Message 25 of 49
Latest reply

My lights came back on and sales are up BUT guess what? A whole batch of them have now turned into "can I swap/return for different size/colour" etc..All sent through return item link and selecting not as described in order to get return paid..so squabbling about that and copping the defects anyway..

Creates a bad atmsophere and I just unfortunately dumped on a buyer who had a genuine reason, though really didn't need to dispute without contact first.

Its becoming a war zone out there and nerves are freyed.

Well done Ebay

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 26 of 49
Latest reply

Of the topic but with regards to the comments that where made what are eBay’s rules in placing a strike against to those with offensive comment’s.

Does eBay ever monitor buyers bad behaviour.

Message 27 of 49
Latest reply

@croydonparktooling wrote:

Of the topic but with regards to the comments that where made what are eBay’s rules in placing a strike against to those with offensive comment’s.

Does eBay ever monitor buyers bad behaviour.

No, because in eBay's eyes, there are no bad buyers. It's only the sellers who are the evil scum of the earth who are no better than something that you just scraped off the bottom of your shoe.

Message 28 of 49
Latest reply

I wasn’t implying with a bad buyer I was referring to comments if mentioned that seem offensive don’t you have the right to complain and eBay have it removed immediately or have it struck off the record.

If I get negative feedback and the comments are offensive to me and others shouldn’t I have the right to complain to EBay and ask them to remove this which I would think the buyer would have no further say. This way he or she would loose and the negative rating would not show.

Message 29 of 49
Latest reply

Regards getting feedback comments removed, Ebay will remove comments in a few, rare instances.

If the language used is offensive ( four letter type stuff ) ebay will remove it. If you are just offended by something that is said, or you believe comments are untrue, you will have great difficulty getting them removed, unless you are willing to engage a lawyer and take civil, defamation action in the courts. 

A buyer can not threaten to leave Negative feedback, unless a seller includes services or items in the sale which where not included in the listing. This is classed as feedback extortion and grounds to have feedback removed.

In most cases ebay claim the comments reflect the buyers experience and as such should stay.

Message 30 of 49
Latest reply