How to get feedback from buyers?

xeroxpie
Community Member

I sold many items this 2 months but no buyers give feedback to me.

I gave positive feedbacks to all my buyers and sellers

I want to increase my reputation as a seller. How can I get the feedback?

As beginner seller, how can I get good ratings?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Just add a note to parcels saying thanks for your custom etc, andy feedback left will be appreciated. Fewer buyers leave it now, and often its way late. Dont pester them or yo might not like the fb you get. I dont think it will matter much soon anyway.Ebay will probably scrap it altogether.

if you want to quickly increase your fb number buy a lot of $1 items.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I can see your dilemma as all your feedback seems to be from things you have bought yourself. If I were a buyer, I would feel you were an unknown quantity-someone with low overall feedback and no record at all for sales. It could make me hesitate.

I am surprised none of the buyers has given any feedback, I always do.

If you've been giving feedback and not getting any in return, maybe hold off, don't give any to the next few sales, see if it prods any buyers into giving it so they can get some back.

Otherwise don't worry too much, you'll eventually strike some people who give it.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Don't leave feedback first, I don't and the majority of my buyers do leave it. As I have more than enough feedback I am not bothered if they leave it or not but presumably you want to get your numbers up so you may sell more. Buy a lot of cheap items from sellers who leave feedback and that will increase your overall score, many buyers don't look further than the number so won't realise most of your feedback is from buying.

It will start coming in from buyers eventually if you are giving good service, just never ask for feedback as you may get some you don't want!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

I always leave FB for buyers once they have paid.  As far as I'm concerned, they've fulfilled their part of the transaction by paying. Generally I get FB once item is received, which 9/10 is for great packaging, and 10/10 for great item.  If no FB left for me, I don't care. The old saying 'you can lead a horse to water'....

If it is a 'newbie' buyer who has paid promptly, I put a 'highly recommend to other sellers'.  I know buyers can't get neg FB, but I also try to help them get a good reputation so other sellers are not wary of them buying.

I also believe that communication with buyers can be a big part of FB being left.  Okay, in my situation, I can't give a post/courier cost until packed (and obviously know where it is going).   If the occasional something is bought late in the day, I send a message letting the buyer know I'll get back to them the next day with cost once packed.  Never had a negative response to that, only thanks 'cos they know they're not being ignored, and they are the ones who do leave great FB.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

In about 14 years of selling I have never left feedback for a buyer until they leave it for me, they message me and let me know the item has arrived or it is coming up to the 60 day limit.

I consider a transaction is over once the buyer acknowledges they have their item and are satisfied with it. how annoying it would be to give a buyer feedback just because they paid and they turn out to be the buyer from hell?

I find that a much higher percentage of buyers who purchase from my auction id leave feedback than those who buy from my store, perhaps they think the store is a business and auction me is just little ol' me selling off my stuff.

OP why not try it both ways, leave feedback first for your next few sales then don't leave it first for the next few and see if it makes any difference.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I guess one of the differences is in what I and you/others sell.

I read all the tales of scammers/rip offs, etc. on this forum.

In all the years I have been an eBay member, I haven't come across the sort of buyers that most of you seem to get (thankfully).   I made a comment to someone recently (not here), that collectors of Australian pottery seem to be a different breed of people - they are really honest.   And for those who buy from my FB page, I'm more than happy to post/courier off before they've paid me. (Shock horror!!)  I suppose I'm luckly that my niche (albeit slow) area doesn't attract undesirable types.  But I fully sympathise with others.

You know what as well.  Quite often I don't get FB, but I do get a message or an email to let me know the item has been received and they are very happy.  That means more than FB.

And sorry, but I disagree that the transaction isn't over till they send acknowledgement.  IMO once a buyer has paid for item and post/courier they have fulfilled their part of the deal.  The onus is then on the seller/me to complete the transaction.  Otherwise it's almost like expecting kudos every time you or anyone else puts a post here.  Oh no!! no kudos, not acknowledged.  Same difference!!

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@xeroxpie wrote:

I sold many items this 2 months but no buyers give feedback to me.

I gave positive feedbacks to all my buyers and sellers

I want to increase my reputation as a seller. How can I get the feedback?

As beginner seller, how can I get good ratings?

Looks like you have only sold 5 items and 4 of them was in the last month a lot of buyers do not leave feedback for a while and some just do not leave it at all. Out of 5 sales I would expect to get 1 possibly 2 to leave feedback and that could be left 30 days after they receive the item. It does take a while to get the ball rolling but you will get there.

Just to add my input I also leave feedback once a buyer has paid one of the main reasons I personally trust sellers more who do that, and I am more likely to buy again from them,  of course that is a personal thing and we each do what we feel is right.

My advice is do what you like to happen to you as a buyer

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I think that there are those that leave feedback and those that don't, much like some people are scrunchers and some are folders

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I always leave feedback first (just because I get annoyed if a person I buy from doesn't leave it for me first). Generally this will prompt the other person to leave feedback for you.

Don't stress about it though - some buyers leave feedback, others don't, others do but not till months later. Happy selling and remember, do it for fun 🙂
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply