How to organise Shipping and Packing?

Hi, so I want to open an ebay business,
Could you please explain how to organize shipping so I dont have to go to post office every time someone orders $2 toy?
Maybe local post-offices have a stock and will send as soon as I recieve the payment? Something like that?
Thank you

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

@247newdeals wrote:

Get over yourself....I have not given wrong information.

Not everyone has access to Sendle and they are essentially a courier broker.  Small time sellers do not have access to the major couriers unless they go through a broker/agent such as Sendle or Temando.  Your advice to "use a courier" is far more misleading than anything I have ever said.

How about you get over yourself once again more wrong information if you have Internet access (which if your selling on eBay you will have) and 1 parcel to send you can use sendle or one of the many other services available. How about letting people who actually use services give info rather than you just posting what you 'think' is right

OK, so you still think I am wrong so can you please explain Sendle to me.

Obviously anyone who is posting here has internet access...that goes without saying.  But it is one thing to make a booking to send a parcel with Sendle but how can the seller get the actual parcel to Sendle?

As an example, Tippy is in a rural area but has internet access.   How does she get her parcels to Sendle when they do not have a depot in her town.

This also applies to Termando and most other courier brokers/agents.

Most rural areas are very limited in the couriers who will service the area.   Apart from the fact that there are many areas where there is just one courier in the town, many of the large companies will not deliver to out of the way areas.

Please do not keep saying I have no idea what I am talking about.....three members of my family have had over 30 years each in the courier industry....probably almost as long a you have been alive.

Message 21 of 48
Latest reply

What's a sendle? Sounds like a type of footwear from New Zealand. 

The OP mentioned  $2 toys so one can assume that's what they were looking at marketing.

Wanna have another go at me? We all saw where that got you last time you tried to argue.

Message 22 of 48
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Get over yourself....I have not given wrong information.

Not everyone has access to Sendle and they are essentially a courier broker.  Small time sellers do not have access to the major couriers unless they go through a broker/agent such as Sendle or Temando.  Your advice to "use a courier" is far more misleading than anything I have ever said.

How about you get over yourself once again more wrong information if you have Internet access (which if your selling on eBay you will have) and 1 parcel to send you can use sendle or one of the many other services available. How about letting people who actually use services give info rather than you just posting what you 'think' is right

Obviously anyone who is posting here has internet access...that goes without saying.  But it is one thing to make a booking to send a parcel with Sendle but how can the seller get the actual parcel to Sendle?

As an example, Tippy is in a rural area but has internet access.   How does she get her parcels to Sendle when they do not have a depot in her town.

Most rural areas are very limited in the couriers who will service the area.   Apart from the fact that there are many areas where there is just one courier in the town, many of the large companies will not deliver to out of the way areas.

Please do not keep saying I have no idea what I am talking about.....three members of my family have had over 30 years each in the courier industry....probably almost as long a you have been alive.

Sendle does not have depos anywhere why do you insist on telling people what they should be doing and how they should run their business when you have no idea. Why don't you part you misinformation in the buyers forum,where you should be (and yes I know you do rant there as well) You may have 3 members of your family who worked in the courier industry but you do not have a clue how they work but you keep telling people what they should and should not be doing. I think everyone gets it YOU dislike courtiers poor you had to wait an extra day for a parcel and they delivered it something your beloved AusPost want do. I said in my first post mentioning couriers will wake up the grumpy 4 well 3 are here so far I am sure the other 2 will follow soon.

You do not like couriers so what people are trying to build businesses here you need to stop getting in their way and allow sellers to share information just because a courier upset you does NOT make them bad I 100% understand why they was rude to you on the phone. 

Message 23 of 48
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

What's a sendle? Sounds like a type of footwear from New Zealand. 

The OP mentioned  $2 toys so one can assume that's what they were looking at marketing.

Wanna have another go at me? We all saw where that got you last time you tried to argue.

not sure you will need to ask @lyndal1838 what sendle is she is the only one knows about couriers 

for part 2 go back and read what advice they need if they are sending $2 by parcel post

I have no clue what time you are talking about unlike you I do not live on the forum all I know is I come here every now and then and I can pretty sure at least 1 of the grumpy 4 is going to jump on anything I post especially if it has the word courier in it. LOL all because I said people who have trouble with couriers should take some responsibility and not just blame sellers when things go wrong well guess what that is still true.

Message 24 of 48
Latest reply

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 48
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

I always make a big tub of popcorn before I post I know I will get the same 4 trying to have a dig at me no matter what I post 😉

they have been failing badly since 2015 lol

Message 26 of 48
Latest reply

the grumpy 4 well 3 are here so far I am sure the other 2 will follow soon.

Thanks, I found out something from you tonight -

I always thought 3 + 2 equalled 5, so thanks for enlightening me.

Message 27 of 48
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

the grumpy 4 well 3 are here so far I am sure the other 2 will follow soon.

Thanks, I found out something from you tonight -

I always thought 3 + 2 equalled 5, so thanks for enlightening me.

Well spotted only 2 was here but you arrived now there are 3 will we get the 4 of you this time

Message 28 of 48
Latest reply

..meanwhile, I'm just sitting here wondering if the OP's "$2 toy" was an arbitrary amount coupled with a general word with the same or similar meaning as "widget", to indicate something along the lines of "every little thing". Smiley LOL

Message 29 of 48
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Sendle does not have depos anywhere why do you insist on telling people what they should be doing and how they should run their business when you have no idea. Why don't you part you misinformation in the buyers forum,where you should be (and yes I know you do rant there as well) You may have 3 members of your family who worked in the courier industry but you do not have a clue how they work but you keep telling people what they should and should not be doing. I think everyone gets it YOU dislike courtiers poor you had to wait an extra day for a parcel and they delivered it something your beloved AusPost want do. I said in my first post mentioning couriers will wake up the grumpy 4 well 3 are here so far I am sure the other 2 will follow soon.

You do not like couriers so what people are trying to build businesses here you need to stop getting in their way and allow sellers to share information just because a courier upset you does NOT make them bad I 100% understand why they was rude to you on the phone. 

After that little rant I am still none the wiser how Sendle works.

I have said I am prepared to be enlightened by you but all you can do is rant and rave about things that have no bearing on this thread and are old news,

If Sendle don't have depots, how do you get your parcels to them?  Using Tippy as an example, explain to us how she can use a courier service through Sendle....please, it is a genuine question and I am sure there are a lot of sellers who would like to know.

Message 30 of 48
Latest reply