How to report a international seller for ALL LISTINGS VIOLATING location??

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member

Open refining a search for motorcycle parts(exhaust) , I selected "Australia Only"...  and there is a seller with 497,000 listing showing up, who is clearly located in Italy..  The item location in the listing reads "IT,Australia" ..  This guy is NOT located in Australia, he is in Italy.  

Clearly this is a breach of listing policys,  I can see how to report a single item but how to report 497,000 of them?

To have a foreign sellers listings showing up in "Australia only" search results is unfair for local seller like myself who are struggling to compete with a very flooded market already. 

Any feedback please?    

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

well you could try shouting about it into a strong wind as thats about as much help ebay will give you on this problem.

sellers not located in australia but claiming they are, pretty common.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Yeah,  I agree with shouting into the wind.    I realise there are a few sellers doing this,  but seriously this guy has almost half a million listings.....   

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I also find it an oustanding example of multiculturalism just how many Chinese sellers live in Darwin Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@screamingdemon_2007 wrote:

Open refining a search for motorcycle parts(exhaust) , I selected "Australia Only"...  and there is a seller with 497,000 listing showing up, who is clearly located in Italy..  The item location in the listing reads "IT,Australia" ..  This guy is NOT located in Australia, he is in Italy.  

Clearly this is a breach of listing policys,  I can see how to report a single item but how to report 497,000 of them?

To have a foreign sellers listings showing up in "Australia only" search results is unfair for local seller like myself who are struggling to compete with a very flooded market already. 

Any feedback please?    

The seller does not have to be in Australia the product does a LOT of Chinese sellers have goods in Australia and either have family/friends or (what I believe happens) is a forwarding service of some kind. Of course I am sure they avoid paying import fees and there is no way they pay GST or Aus Tax. Most buyers do not even look where the seller is located and it does make it hard to compete but saying that I often get buyers saying such and such sells the same item for $x can you match them when I point out they are in China I get the sales (at my price) 100% of the time.

It is a shame it is not easy to tell a foreign seller from an Aussie one because buyers will pay the little extra to buy from an aussie seller.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

The Australia only option is not entirely worded correctly. What the Australia only search means is, sellers who only post to Australian addresses. If a seller is in the US and ONLY posts to Australia, their listings will show. If a seller in China ONLY posts to Australia, they will show. An Australian seller who sells internationally WON'T show, because they sell to other locations that aren't in Australia.

So, using the Australia only seach will omit a lot of Australian sellers who sell internationally, while flooding the results with outsiders who know how the system works.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

The Australia only option is not entirely worded correctly. What the Australia only search means is, sellers who only post to Australian addresses. If a seller is in the US and ONLY posts to Australia, their listings will show. If a seller in China ONLY posts to Australia, they will show. An Australian seller who sells internationally WON'T show, because they sell to other locations that aren't in Australia.

So, using the Australia only seach will omit a lot of Australian sellers who sell internationally, while flooding the results with outsiders who know how the system works.

I think that is the biggest problem. Even though I think the current system is not fair to Aussie sellers no matter what changes where made, Chinese sellers will find a way to get around it. However if search result gave Aussie sellers first shout it might make it harder for Chinese sellers to have all the top spots and we make get a few.Can only hope any way

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

yeah, one chinese man buys or rents a flat in darwin, next we have 10 million businesses using it as their PP adress

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
That's a lot of PP. I hope Darwin sewage can cope
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Might explain why it's always wet up there.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply