I Have Lost My Mind...

....amongst other things. Smiley LOL

Today started off well enough, I got everything packed and posted on schedule, and received a box of new stock, which is always nice. 

So, I get home from posting and it's time to sort through the stock. Most of them are restocks of stuff I already carry, including a couple of very small, similar crosses (so similar, you have to look closely at them to discern the difference). What do I do? Pour a full bag (1000 of 'em) into the wrong tub. 

frustrated

Cue an evening of sorting through 2000 tiny items so they each go into their correct tub

But - BUT! - I have coffee and chocolate, and I got it done (albeit quite literally cross-eyed towards the end), then set about revising listings and updating quantities. 

I get to this other item, which I know (I swear) I listed on eBay and still have about one third of the original quantity in stock, but it's not in the store category I would have put it in, which is strange.

Cue Sherlock Mode.

Trade your secrets and become who you are

I go looking for it, first by a keyword search in the store - no results.

Then I look in sold / ended items, just in case it somehow escaped into there. Not found.

I'm certain people have bought this item, so I then search through all of my emails for payment notifications (since they have the item titles / numbers and direct links).

Nothing. Nada. Zip.

meh....

For thoroughness, I also search through 5000 of my last FB received (using F3 keyword search) to see if any of the buyers (which I would be willing to swear on what's now left of the aforementioned chocolate that I did actually have for this particular item) had left feedback in case I could trace it that way.

Of course, that was a waste of time, too. So, who was phone? Which of course I mean, where did my listing disappear to, plus all the buyers / payment notifications for said item? Smiley Surprised It may be the sugar and caffeine high, but I suspect a systematic, subversive operation is in play, resulting in the omission of all traces of my ever having listed and sold an item - to what end I am yet to discern (all theories welcome). 

shifty dog

I believe I'm ready for the men in white coats, now (the chef-types, who make [more] chocolate things). 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
9 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I Have Lost My Mind...

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Oh poor Digi.

All I can suggest is to beg, borrow or steal a few Valium and have a good night's sleep and start searching for your mind and anything else that is still missing in the morning.Heart

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

Its on another account

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

Oh I do sympathise having to sort through the 2,000 items. Years ago as part of my job, I was ordering tiny screws. The size that hold the arm on glasses and smaller, a lot smaller. They were stored loose in those little slide out clear plastic draw thingies like you'd see in someone's shed, where the size was written on the front. Well, this day, I sent this stack of plastic draws flying.

I had hundreds of tiny screws everywhere.....all over the carpet in the office. Some were 1mm long and 1/2mm round. Tiny little suckers. Worth over $60 EACH. I HAD to find them all or I'd get shot. Thankfully my eyesight was pretty spot on back then so found a lot of them, but after 4 hours I'd had enough. I then had the bright idea to get a magnet. I still don't think I got them all, but using the magnet sped things up.

I know what you mean about thinking things have been listed. Every now and then I go through my boxes of listed stuff and check them against my listings, to make sure that something that has sold hasn't ended up relisted somehow (it's happened). I've found a few things in those boxes that shouldn't have been there. I thought they were listed, but obviously weren't.

I'd probably photographed them to list them during a promotion, but they didn't get listed, but still somehow ended up in the listed boxes. VERY frustrating! I then wonder if they had been listed and sold and I'd sent the wrong thing to the buyer (that happened once, but I never heard from the buyer so have no idea what I sent them!).

As for the chocolate fix/hit. I did that today and had a massive sugar rush that lasted 4 hours. Normally if I get a sugar rush it lasts about 20 minutes. Not today. It was a bad one too. My sugar rush was caused by the following recipe:

Spoiler

1/4 cup self raising flour

2 tblsp cocoa powder

2-3 tblsp sugar (depends on your taste, I used about 2.5)

1/8 tsp salt

1/4 cup + 1 tblsp milk

2 tblsp vegetable oil.

Put dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to remove the lumps. As wet ingredients and mix well to remove lumps. Pour into large coffee mug. Place sheet of paper towel in microwave. Put cup in microwave on paper towel and cook on full power for 70 - 80 seconds (depends on how powerful your microwave is. Mine is 1100W and still had a little bit of raw mix in the bottom after 70 seconds). Remove from microwave. Eat yourself into heaven while it's hot. If there is still wet mix in the bottom of the cup, microwave for another 10 seconds and eat the rest.

Don't blame me if you have a massive sugar rush!

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

Another way to search for your "phantom" item is to simply go to Google and type in the item name (as best you can recall it was listed as) and then click IMAGES. Then just look for the image you used in your listing. If there was a listing there should be an image.

It has worked for me in the past when I suddenly got new stock of something I used to sell. It brought up an image of my old listing. I clicked onto it and it took me to my expired listing but allowed me to View original listing which I then was able to copy and paste to create a new one.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

well its obvious, seen it in so many tv shows,

your asleep having a dream

everything you think is real is actually part of the dream

even when your awake your asleep having the dream

will you ever wake up from the dream, dunno

as everytime you do wake up its still part of the dream

BTW this is also part of the dream

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

I Have Lost My Mind...

images 77.jpg

Found it.

Don't know what it was doing in Melbourne.

Maybe the night life is better here. Smiley Very Happy

image host

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

DG you are officailly the funniest person on here! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

@digital*ghost wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I had hundreds of tiny screws everywhere.....all over the carpet in the office. Some were 1mm long and 1/2mm round. Tiny little suckers. Worth over $60 EACH.

$60 for a screw? Smiley Surprised I thought there was only one profession where one of those would cost more than 50c ...

rotten tomatoes

Thankfully these little suckers were a bit easier to sort and I had them all in the one place. 

Sadly, not yet time for bed, though. I'm now behind schedule for the sorting / picking and packing of a wholesale order I need to ship to the US tomorrow, which of course has to include 400 of these metal wire gizmos that require sorting and (usually) straightening- my most hated chore. 

I swear, if time travel ever becomes possible, I'm going to hop straight back to the moment when I said to myself... "self, everyone else sells these as is, bends n' all, so dare to be different and guarantee they'll all be straight", and knock some sense into me.

Then again, maybe time travel is possible and that's why I can't remember what the bloomin' h**l I did with that listing. Smiley LOL

I'll have to give that recipe a go, sounds like it'd be nice with a scoop of ice cream, just for maximum sugar intake. 😄 

OOOOH    DIGI   Thats so not like you     Smiley Surprised..........Id like to say I was dissapointed but it was pretty funny    Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

For thoroughness, I also search through 5000 of my last FB received (using F3 keyword search) to see if any of the buyers (which I would be willing to swear on what's now left of the aforementioned chocolate that I did actually have for this particular item) had left feedback in case I could trace it that way.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you do the same search in the feedback you LEFT for others?  I find this much more effective because not everyone leaves it for me, and sod's law almost guarantees that the item you didn't get feedback for would be the one you're looking for.  This all assumes that you don't wait to get feedback before you leave it.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I Have Lost My Mind...

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Oh poor Digi.

All I can suggest is to beg, borrow or steal a few Valium and have a good night's sleep and start searching for your mind and anything else that is still missing in the morning.Heart

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

Its on another account

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

Oh I do sympathise having to sort through the 2,000 items. Years ago as part of my job, I was ordering tiny screws. The size that hold the arm on glasses and smaller, a lot smaller. They were stored loose in those little slide out clear plastic draw thingies like you'd see in someone's shed, where the size was written on the front. Well, this day, I sent this stack of plastic draws flying.

I had hundreds of tiny screws everywhere.....all over the carpet in the office. Some were 1mm long and 1/2mm round. Tiny little suckers. Worth over $60 EACH. I HAD to find them all or I'd get shot. Thankfully my eyesight was pretty spot on back then so found a lot of them, but after 4 hours I'd had enough. I then had the bright idea to get a magnet. I still don't think I got them all, but using the magnet sped things up.

I know what you mean about thinking things have been listed. Every now and then I go through my boxes of listed stuff and check them against my listings, to make sure that something that has sold hasn't ended up relisted somehow (it's happened). I've found a few things in those boxes that shouldn't have been there. I thought they were listed, but obviously weren't.

I'd probably photographed them to list them during a promotion, but they didn't get listed, but still somehow ended up in the listed boxes. VERY frustrating! I then wonder if they had been listed and sold and I'd sent the wrong thing to the buyer (that happened once, but I never heard from the buyer so have no idea what I sent them!).

As for the chocolate fix/hit. I did that today and had a massive sugar rush that lasted 4 hours. Normally if I get a sugar rush it lasts about 20 minutes. Not today. It was a bad one too. My sugar rush was caused by the following recipe:

Spoiler

1/4 cup self raising flour

2 tblsp cocoa powder

2-3 tblsp sugar (depends on your taste, I used about 2.5)

1/8 tsp salt

1/4 cup + 1 tblsp milk

2 tblsp vegetable oil.

Put dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to remove the lumps. As wet ingredients and mix well to remove lumps. Pour into large coffee mug. Place sheet of paper towel in microwave. Put cup in microwave on paper towel and cook on full power for 70 - 80 seconds (depends on how powerful your microwave is. Mine is 1100W and still had a little bit of raw mix in the bottom after 70 seconds). Remove from microwave. Eat yourself into heaven while it's hot. If there is still wet mix in the bottom of the cup, microwave for another 10 seconds and eat the rest.

Don't blame me if you have a massive sugar rush!

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I had hundreds of tiny screws everywhere.....all over the carpet in the office. Some were 1mm long and 1/2mm round. Tiny little suckers. Worth over $60 EACH.

$60 for a screw? Smiley Surprised I thought there was only one profession where one of those would cost more than 50c ...

rotten tomatoes

Thankfully these little suckers were a bit easier to sort and I had them all in the one place. 

Sadly, not yet time for bed, though. I'm now behind schedule for the sorting / picking and packing of a wholesale order I need to ship to the US tomorrow, which of course has to include 400 of these metal wire gizmos that require sorting and (usually) straightening- my most hated chore. 

I swear, if time travel ever becomes possible, I'm going to hop straight back to the moment when I said to myself... "self, everyone else sells these as is, bends n' all, so dare to be different and guarantee they'll all be straight", and knock some sense into me.

Then again, maybe time travel is possible and that's why I can't remember what the bloomin' h**l I did with that listing. Smiley LOL

I'll have to give that recipe a go, sounds like it'd be nice with a scoop of ice cream, just for maximum sugar intake. 😄 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

Another way to search for your "phantom" item is to simply go to Google and type in the item name (as best you can recall it was listed as) and then click IMAGES. Then just look for the image you used in your listing. If there was a listing there should be an image.

It has worked for me in the past when I suddenly got new stock of something I used to sell. It brought up an image of my old listing. I clicked onto it and it took me to my expired listing but allowed me to View original listing which I then was able to copy and paste to create a new one.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

well its obvious, seen it in so many tv shows,

your asleep having a dream

everything you think is real is actually part of the dream

even when your awake your asleep having the dream

will you ever wake up from the dream, dunno

as everytime you do wake up its still part of the dream

BTW this is also part of the dream

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

@sydney-diecast-kingdom wrote:

I actually did that last night, too. Smiley Surprised

The only thing that showed in the results was my listing for the item on another site - before anyone says "well, thar's yur problem" Smiley Tongue  the thing about that is, I sold out of the item on that site, and didn't adjust the stock levels between the two listings I thought I had, because I said to myself "they've been more popular on eBay, so I'll keep my remaining stock here and restock the other site when I get the new shipment".

So, I'm either completely nuts, or.... Actually, I'm still not convinced there's an alternative. 

But, I did find this...

look very closely.png

Spoiler
look even closer.png
Spoiler
do you see it yet.gif

Spoiler
OMG!!!.png
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

I Have Lost My Mind...

images 77.jpg

Found it.

Don't know what it was doing in Melbourne.

Maybe the night life is better here. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I Have Lost My Mind...

DG you are officailly the funniest person on here! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply