I could do with smoe advice re selling please

I have 2 problem buyers at the moment. One who demanded a full refund as he said the lid of an old box was damaged. Well I have studied and studied the photos as I did the item and have asked them 2 days ago to send me a photo of the damage. So far they have not done so.

Another today, who says the item does not like the photo, he actually texted me this morning and I agreed to refund him if he pays the return postage. Then I suddenly thought, oh hang on this should be done via ebay, so I asked him to message and he is now demanding a full refund of postage both ways, he says item was not as described?
I think this is rather unfair, I put on 4 photos, sure the shades of the colour vary from photo to photo which is just what happens, but it certainly is the exact item, wit no damage.
What should I do with this one, I have messaged him offering just a refund on the purchase price, but saying he should cover the cost of postage each way. Waiting now............ I just think he didn't like it. I have messaged this buyer again and asked e to send photos.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

1st one ONLY refund on return of the item if it is returned in the condition it was sent.

The 2nd issue If the buyer opens a dispute for item not as described and ebay get involved then depending on what your return policy is you might have to pay the return postage anyway.

So you can tell them to return it and once you have the item back in the condition it was sent you will refund and the cost of the return postage.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Bottom line is if your buyers are claiming that the item they received is significantly not as described (SNAD) then in a formal SNAD case raised against you, you are most likely to lose. Ebay heavily side with the buyer in these things.

In a formal ebay MBG SNAD claim you will basically have two options.

a). refund in full (including original postage) and they get to keep the item

b). if the item is worth you having back then you will be required to pay for the return postage. Once you have the item back then you will be required to provide a full refund (including the original postage). In this case the buyer will be required to return the item using full tracking.

Or if you were able to successfully negotiate a partial refund with your buyer this may give you a third option.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Oh Heck, I am a very honest seller.I want to keep my buyers happy.

Do you think it is reasonable in both cases to ask for photos? I feel I am being somewhat swindled here sigh......

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Never refund just on the buyer's say so.

Ask for a photo in the first instance.   If the buyer is right then you can decide whether to refund without return or if you want it returned then you pay for that return.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Can't imagine why, if the buyer was willing to return voluntarily at their expense, you would advise them to go through ebay. Of course they would be likely to go for a full refund including return postage.

You can do very little now except argue the toss with ebay when you get the items back that they were exactly as described but I don't fancy your chances.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply