I have just sold my iphone and the winner has a PO Box to send it to,not comfortabl with a po box

Hi all,

Is sending the winner of my auction for my iphone,sending to a PO Box safe?

I'm not that comfortable with this idea,has anyone got any ideas on how to proceed?

cheers

gorielbeed

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have just sold my iphone and the winner has a PO Box to send it to,not comfortabl with a po box

Has the buyer been registered on eBay for quite some time and has a reasonable amount of good feedback?

If so, a Post Office box isn't a problem imo.

I get all my parcels sent to my  P O Box. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Has the buyer been registered on eBay for quite some time and has a reasonable amount of good feedback?

If so, a Post Office box isn't a problem imo.

I get all my parcels sent to my  P O Box. 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

PO boxes are much safer than street letter boxes.

Just follow all other safe selling practices and you will be fine

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Even if it costs you a bit extra make sure you get signature required postage so you have proof when they pick it up and can not claim not received.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I get all my parcels to my PO and as a seller I would much rather send parcels to a PO box than a street address.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I consider PO boxes far safer, if I order anything online I get it sent to my PO rather than my home address. 

Postie here just dumps parcels at front door, whereas with the PO box, they place a card in the box, and I have to go to the counter and collect, they than scan the item, so you have better proof of delivery then if the postie dumps it on the door step

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

My only address is a post box. I dont have a letter box in front of my house. As others have mentioned, these are much safer than a house post box. No parcels left at the door for any jogger to steal. No mail box that any one can rifle through, stealing my personel information ( I use my ebay account to distribute my private details around the world via ebays hackers    Smiley Frustrated   ) . As already mentioned, spend $3 on signiture on delivery and it should be one of the safest ways available to send the phone.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

If the buyer has an Aussie PO Box I reckon thats just about the safest address you can send to.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

po boxes are perfectly safe IMO..

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

We quite often send to PO boxes.

They are very often among the quickest to arrive going by feedback left.

So I would think a very safe option.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply