I have listed items to sell but they are not showing up when i search for them?

Hi, I am new to ebay and have created an account ive bought things without any issues. I listed some clothing to sell last night but when i try to search for items they dont come up under very descriptive heading. These items show as active in my account so im a little confused?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

First time selling can take up to 24 hours to show up in search 

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

when i look at your listings i see a lisa brown poppy dress, thats all

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

So do I....but the gallery pic is different to the listing pic   ???????

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Ah yes the good old blink and you won't notice lol

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

You didn't have to end the listing................just revise it

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I see 3 listings - looks like they're turning up

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

4 now

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Do you mind a bit of advice from a long term seller? If not don't read any further but it may help other newbies.

You need to put far more information in your title, style, size, colour and anything else you think a buyer may use when searching.

You have virtually no description, mostly just a repeat of what the title tells the buyer. A very wise seller once said that your pictures should be so good the buyer does not need a description and your description should be good enough that they do not need a picture.

You also need to give at least basic measurements, chest and length as an absolute minimum.

Is that Review blouse really over 30 years old or is it just vintage inspired, unless it is really an old garment you shouldn't be listing it in that category and you will attract fewer buyers of modern day clothing as they won't be looking in vintage.

Don't take pics with the items lying on a bed, especially on something with a pattern in the background. Much better to hang on a hanger in front of a plain door or wall, a half body, hollow back mannequin only costs a few bucks.

Lastly you need to look at your prices, they are very high for second hand clothes especially when you have no real history of selling. Some items may go for a high price if more than one person wants it but it is unlikely you will get too many bids with such high starts.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Good to see they didn't take your advice. In the event that someone does decide to spend a lot of money on a second hand piece of clothing, I can see big issues in the pipeline for this new seller. We know how ferocious some clothing buyers can be, especially the wardrobers.

I tried to buy a new pair of jeans today and tried 3 size 10's on. One was too big, one was too small, the other kind of fitted. Saying something is purely a size 10 and expecting a buyer to know the measurements is crazy. Not everyone is familiar with different brand sizing.

I know if I was to buy something, I'd be looking for something I liked the look of, brand wouldn't even come into it. I'd be jumping straight over this new seller because I don't want the hassle of having to return something because I'm a size 10 and that size 10 is too big or too small. I am a lot more familiar with my measurements than I am for brand sizes.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply