I'm wondering if eBay isn't a little tad worried...

5kazam
Community Member

I received an email to complete a survey today - a TOTALLY DIFFERENT survey to the norm.

I did save the 3 most important pages - but somehow page 1 disappeared (total rats 'cos that one was the most telling of all).

If anyone else received the survey email, could they post that important page here.  

But here are the other two.  As you can see - different from other surveys.  

I'm really hoping someone can provide the missing page - it was a bit of an eye opener.  My response to the missing page was under Other - 'Consider ALL of the above boxes ticked'.  

Considering your recent selling experiences on eBay, please rate your level of satisfaction with eBay’s performance on the following elements.

Please use a 0 to 10 scale, where 0 represents 'Not at all satisfied' and 10 represents 'Extremely satisfied'.

Not at all satisfied 

Extremely satisfied 

Is a safe place to sell online

Delivers good value for fees paid to sell items

Has reasonable postage policies

Will protect me as a seller if something goes wrong

Provides easy to use website / mobile experience for selling

Rewards me for providing excellent service to buyers

What were the reason(s) for your bad selling experience(s) on eBay?

Select all that apply.

Buyer returned an item that was altered, broken, or different from what I originally shipped

Buyer did not pay for their item at all

Buyer made unreasonable demands

eBay unfairly removed my listing

Buyer opened an undeserved dispute/claim with eBay

I received undeserved negative feedback

Buyer claimed they did not receive the item in a timely manner

Buyer changed their mind and wanted to return the item

P&P was more expensive than expected

Buyer did not pay for their item in a timely manner

eBay unfairly sided with the buyer and refunded their money

Buyer claimed they did not receive the item after it was sent

Buyer claimed the item was fake

Buyer claimed the item was damaged when they received it

Buyer claimed the item received was not as described in the listing

Other (please specify) 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Yep 5kazam, got 1 too to complete and deleted it. I was too  #$#@%^ angry to fill it in honestly. Would you recommend selling on ebay to others. NO. Why ? etc. Do they want to hear what  sellers really feel or just what they want to hear ? 

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Interesting, how come o don't get these emails, I must have I unsubscribed from ebay emails.

Doubt they are worried. After spinning off paypal, it's paypal' problem to deal with disputes. More and more big companies are selling on eBay, ie. Dicksmith, good guys, Dell... Those of us who making a living on ebay won't go, those who wants declutter don't care how much they get...
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

For real?! We get to leave negs for eBay? Cat LOLMan LOLWoman LOL

Oh my giddy aunt! eBay has finally lost it's virtual mind to present the angry defective masses with a spanking tool in survey form.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

For real?! We get to leave negs for eBay? Cat LOLMan LOLWoman LOL

Oh my giddy aunt! eBay has finally lost it's virtual mind to present the angry defective masses with a spanking tool in survey form.

Some of your posts are GOLD Narelle ....

Love em ... biggrin.gif

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Just be careful.  The first time I got one of those, after my very first contact with CS, I answered it honestly.  Within 1/2 hour I scored a policy violation .... out of nowhere.  Coincidence?  You choose.  

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Yep,
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I've heard of that happening before. Why, if they want you to be honest, can't you say what you feel about ebay. No point sending it in the 1st place. 😞 

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

I am sure it is just a board myth or coincidence. 

I am no eBay apologist, and have made scathing comments about its staff, operations and policies publicly on these boards as well as providing highly critical comments in surveys etc, I do not believe I have ever been singled out by the eBay corporation for doing either.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

"Don't steal my sunshine" tune in my head, sueken,I chose the happy dance with my wooden spoon while our evil overlord has it's flabby buttocks exposed & asking for a spanking.

Nothing like chasing the monster with the angry villiagers with fiery sticks & pointy garden tools!

Where's my survey? If it's all a fake to lull us into a false sense of security I'm going to be sad.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply