I've got a buyer who paid for an item before i could invoice them for postage....

lolobgo
Community Member

I've got a buyer who paid for an item before i could invoice them for postage, so I've refunded their money, and re-sent the invoice (including postage)...

But they have just message me saying that the total is coming up as postage and 2 x item amount...

i checked the invoice sent on my end and it looks correct... No extra amount....

Anyone else had this happen? How can i fix it??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I've got a buyer who paid for an item before i could invoice them for postage....

Make sure your postage is properly set up in the first place?

A buyer can't pay ex of postage unless your listing allows it. If your listing allows it, you can be fairly sure you will get the buyer offside if you then wish to charge postage on top of what the listing states.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

rf
Community Member
Shipping appears to be pickup only hence why the bidder was able to checkout/pay
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, it was pick up only,

buyer asked if it could be posted and yes, it could, and i quoted them before the item finished.

The postage amount is not the problem though, it sounds as though they are being charged for the ITEM twice (even though there is no dupliate / multiple orders)

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

The first thing to try would be resending the invoice, and preview before sending to hopefully double-check how it will appear; I occasionally get messages from buyers concerning checkout issues and that seems to fix it. 

I've not heard of this particular glitch before - sometimes the postage can double up, depending on what was put into the invoice, but that's usually seller error when there were original postage costs and they add on postage again. 

If all else fails, you could send them an independent PayPal invoice, if they're going to pay that way. 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for your help Digital Ghost, 

I'll resend it and check it, Hopefully it won't show up at their end being 3 x item price...

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

This happens when the buyer goes through checkout twice which is what has happened in this situation.

It appears to double up but if the buyer continues on to Paypal to make payment the correct amount will show when they make the payment.

It is not a glitch - just some crazy thing that the ebay system does when a buyer goes through checkout twice.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Hmm, so my buyer went through checkout twice....

I've checked my invoice (came up as the right amounts),

The buyer has just paid me, Via paypal and it's for two item amounts... plus postage...

I'll have to give him a partial refund for the "extra" item..

I hope i don't get charged extra selling fees for this!

thanks for your help Jen.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Have you actually checked in Paypal the amount you received or is that what you are seeing on the Paypal email.

The Paypal email shows it doubled up but if you check in your Paypal account then usually the correct amount is what you received.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

it's the wrong amount in both the email and what has entered my paypal account....

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply