IS A BONE A BONE?

FAUX MEANS FAKE/FALSE.

MANY SELLERS HAVE PUT THE WORD "FAUX" BEFORE THE WORD "BONE"  IN THEIR ITEM DESCRIPTIONS.

IF, TO KEEP EBAY HAPPY, THIS COMPLIES WITH EBAY'S SO-CALLED IVORY POLICY, IT ALSO PROVIDES A LOOPHOLE TO BUYERS.

IF A BUYER PURCHASES A FAUX-BONE KNIFE, RECEIVES IT AND DISCOVERS THAT ITS REALLY BONE, SAID BUYER IS TECHNICALLY ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND BECAUSE ITS "NOT AS DESCRIBED"

DADDYKOOL

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

IS A BONE A BONE?

daddykool,

of course you should complain, as you stand more than a good chance of getting a refund as well as keeping the knife.

Not that's legal, mind you - but hey, who cares - right?

Same thing happened to me, as decribed in one of my previous posts, I ordered and paid for was Target bed sheets - but what I received was bed linen that retails for over $500!

Not as described - I couldn't report them fast enough!!! 

OMG, what is a buyer to do - Ebay is so full of fakes. In my case, to ensure I was getting what I wanted maybe I should have gone to Target to shop. Never been in one before, so that in itself would have been and added bonus.

Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

if you are not happy with using the word faux  in front of bone , then dont sell your product , forget the technicallity, its also technically not allowed to change a light bulb, look this is life ,if you cant use the word bone or ivory then dont sell them.

it does not matter if you are 100% right, 

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

It's illegal to change a light bulb only in the State of Victoria if you aren't an electrician

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

what are you talking about   read the other thread its not a legal problem  its an ebay policy that does not allow these products to be sold on there site , if ebay does not want green paint to be sold well thats up to them   very simple  he as been warned many of times , he does not listen and now his ebay is suspended

elec bulb   if you say so , but who calls an electician to change a light bulb,   dont tell anyone but i still change my own  lol

Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

I wish there was a thumbs down kudo thingie because fixandwear you would certainly get the first one. shocking advise to give on the forums.
Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

what advice are you talking about the ebay policy advice or what

Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

Joe you have a PM
Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

harley babes,

for someone who resides on thesse boards - I am somewhat surprised that you didn't know or read here many times that that is what Ebay does. Refunds the buyer and lets them keep the items. I have read that many times.

However, more disturbing is the fact that you have completely missed the meaning of my post - it was tounge in cheek.

Not that it worries me, those who get it will get it - those who don't  won't.

And just how much do you think It means in my life to get  a thumbs down kudos? At the moment - zero.

But you never know - the effects of that may be bad for my health, make me ill, like so many other other people on Ebay, those who are adversely affected - ie: they are very upset, devastated, traumatised, disturbed, greatly disappointed, ... on and on.

Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

ie: they are very upset, devastated, traumatized, disturbed, greatly disappointed, ... on and on. Well I'm all those about ebay haha
Message 10 of 55
Latest reply